Sign in to follow this  
codecreeper

Need some Help on choosing a Desktop system

postage may be a price you have to pay but it may only be $30-100 from another store

maybe consider taking a look at https://allneeds.com.au

they are a popular store in sa that will express post it to you

I suggested another store already.

That ALSO has free 3 day shipping

Plus, it's so reputable it was the first store to be backed by EBAY for their Woolworth Pickup Plan (not that you have to use it). http://www.crn.com.au/news/pc-reseller-lands-woolworths-as-distribution-channel-400942

And got told to back off.

Fuck, catching an Uber to and from the fucking shop would be less than $500; he doesnt want to hear it, let him spend his extra $500 on shipping.

Fuck, catching an Uber to and from the fucking shop would be less than $500; he doesnt want to hear it, let him spend his extra $500 on shipping.

It defies logic, MS.

It beggars belief that he even bothered to ask for input to begin with, he may as well have just said "I'm buying this system guys, wish me luck!"

"What should I get for X?"

You should get Brand Y for reason ABC

"Well I was looking at brand Z so I'll get that. What should I get for Q?"

You should get Brand W for reason XYZ

"Well I was looking at brand V so I'll get that."

As the adage goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Edited by SquallStrife

It defies logic, MS.

It beggars belief that he even bothered to ask for input to begin with, he may as well have just said "I'm buying this system guys, wish me luck!"

"What should I get for X?"

You should get Brand Y for reason ABC

"Well I was looking at brand Z so I'll get that. What should I get for Q?"

You should get Brand W for reason XYZ

"Well I was looking at brand V so I'll get that."

As the adage goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.

No ,Squall read the thread i went all way on what to get on advice from this thread.

I only changed the Mobo to a brand i could get from where i buy hardware.

Its just someone on here has a problem with the supplier i use and tried to get me to use another supplier that is where the problem lies.

Bottom line is I followed the advice in this thread and even thanked those who gave advice to me.

So Squall you are barking up the wrong tree.

Edited by codecreeper

Can you imagine why choosing to spend $500 more than you need, after coming in with a set budget, might frustrate people, codecreeper?

Its just someone on here has a problem with the supplier i use and tried to get me to use another supplier that is where the problem lies.

Never mind anything else, why is that such a problem?

It's not as if you have some vested interest in that particular supplier, is it?

You get excessively defensive about the weirdest shit sometimes. :-S

• Like 2

Budget probably around $2500 on the build

Which is exactly what i paid.

AGAIN for the 3rd time it was a supplier issue ,it was not up too someone expectations. So he threw the towel in over it.

Really ? You wanna go down that path explain why ?

Use EBAY and get scammed ,you want that to happen? USE Woolworths ,which i suppose no one has ever heard about since it just hit the news stands.

I came and asked advice as someone said i do not trust anyone when they trying to help me ,i did that. And i thanked them for that in a good manner. I was not spiteful or aggressive as i could have been.

I suffer from deafness and social anxiety issues and on top i have to worry about my Heart Problem ,so tell me what i have done to cause you issues.

I chose the build on the advice i was given ,bottom line. Except mobo which supplier does not stock.

Edited by codecreeper

turns out they do have the mb even if it is the second most expensive price for it in the country

http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/gigabyte-b150m-d3h-ddr4-s1151-hdmi-dvi-vga-skylake/

its just im sure there is better charity's to donate that cash to than auspcmarket

but i guess its pocket change by comparison to what most ozzies spend on smokes and booze

But you could have had $500 more system for the same money, or saved $500, by simply buying from another supplier.

Suppliers that can also ship by overnight courier, since that was the only reason you gave for using AusPCMarket.

AGAIN for the 3rd time it was a supplier issue ,it was not up too someone expectations. So he threw the towel in over it.

The issue was that you were DEAD SET using AusPC, and lost your shit the moment anybody dared to show you some alternatives.

Use EBAY and get scammed ,you want that to happen?

Yeah, sure buddy, every person that uses eBay gets scammed. *rolls eyes*

eBay is just a site that connects you with sellers. Some sellers are scammers, they have bad scores.

The seller MS recommended, WHICH HE HAS PERSONALLY USED BEFORE WITH NO ISSUES, has a good score. Not a scammer.

USE Woolworths ,which i suppose no one has ever heard about since it just hit the news stands.

Maybe that's why MS shared it as an option, in case you didn't know about it?

I came and asked advice as someone said i do not trust anyone when they trying to help me ,i did that. And i thanked them for that in a good manner. I was not spiteful or aggressive as i could have been.

No, you didn't, you asked for advice then ignored it for dumb reasons.

To re-iterate, you gave two reasons why you wanted to use AusPCMarket: delivery speed, and you've used them before.

The nice people here indicated that there are other trustworthy vendors that service your area, and by using them you could save a significant amount of money. (Which I would think was attractive to somebody in your position.)

Instead of saying "Oh OK cool, thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it" you got all pissy because they pointed out what a rip-off AusPC is.

I suffer from deafness and social anxiety issues and on top i have to worry about my Heart Problem ,so tell me what i have done to cause you issues.

If that's true, then how is it in your best interests to flush hundreds of dollars down the toilet because you happen to like one overpriced PC parts store?

You can use your personal problems as a crutch if you like, that doesn't excuse being a dick to people.

Budget probably around $2500 on the build

Really ? You wanna go down that path explain why ?

Use EBAY and get scammed ,you want that to happen? USE Woolworths ,which i suppose no one has ever heard about since it just hit the news stands.

I chose the build on the advice i was given ,bottom line. Except mobo which supplier does not stock.

You love inventing things don't ya?

What have you done to cause issues?

Made a lot of us feel like we just wasted hours of our life, researching, reading, comparing parts, to provide you with the best product you can get for your money.

After spending those hours helping, you ignore a lot of it, argue with it, and waste money anyway!

If I'd have known it was going to be like that, I'd have shown you how to reach the Alienware website, and left it at that.

Buy a prebuilt!

http://www.dell.com/au/p/alienware-area51-r2/pd?ref=PD_OC

there, look $3k done!

Woulda saved me a few hours of my life doing research for someone.

I threw the towel in because if you look back, you'll notice practically the ENTIRE thread is us trying to CONVINCE you to get the right thing.

You ask professionals, with probably over 50 years experience, or more, between us, and argue with the outcome, using weak excuses like "its not at this one store".

You ask about RAM, we advise, you decide to ignore it and get more (at least for another bunch of posts)

You ask about PSU, we explain its bad to overkill; yet you continue to do so for at least 3 more posts, again!

You get offered a reliable, huge, store, backed by TWO multi-billion dollar companies (Ebay, and Woolworths), and don't trust it?

Scammed? How?

Its Ebay, backed by Paypal, via an ABN business; how on EARTH could you get scammed?

Explain your logic.

You're MORE likely to get scammed by a company who takes your CC info directly, stores it in their unsecure database, and doesnt have to answer to paypal.

Gee... lets see... Oh, AusPCMarket !

For someone who's posts suggest he's 'concerned about security' you REALLY dont practice it. Shunning ebay\paypal, for a 'diy store'?

As someone else who suffers from a manageable disability also; "personal issues" are not an excuse.

This is a text based medium, if you're feeling anxious you walk away and come back when you're not.

Deafness doesnt affect anything in regards to online shopping.

You have to admit, I've always been VERY patient with you and help where I can, but I wont, I repeat, WONT, be used as a cheap sounding board.

You ask a question, because you want advice.

If you want advice, you're admitting you're not as informed as you could be on the issue.

When someone, a professional, comes through, who IS 100% informed, you don't turn down their advice.

That's called being a rude, timewaster, and you wonder why people are pissed?

Edited by Master_Scythe

You ask professionals, with probably over 50 years experience, or more, between us, and argue with the outcome, using weak excuses like "its not at this one store".

I wanted to buy a Corolla but they didn't have any at the AMG dealership so now I have a $50,000 hatchback. YUO AR WRONG

Edited by SquallStrife

I think at this point everyone is probably upset and getting pretty dickish.

• Like 1

My final closing comment will be i asked for advice and received it not knowing that conditions where set by a few that i had to accept their terms in using their suppliers. This is not what these forums are based upon.

If someone gives advice then it should be given in good faith with no strings attached. The same as person receiving that advice should not be under the influence he has to accept that advice.

The comments in these forums have stained the reputation of these forums and hope those in this thread take notice that if you want push a supplier as part of giving advice then please put in the thread before giving advice.

OK Thread closed.

Edited by codecreeper

My final closing comment will be i asked for advice and received it not knowing that conditions where set by a few that i had to accept their terms in using their suppliers. This is not what these forums are based upon.

And when did that happen? We've had uMart, MSY, AllNeeds, FUTU and PCCASEGEAR suggested.

Who was it that suggested a specific company only, and forced others to accept it again? hmm?

I agree, that's rather dickish. Glad you noticed.

If someone gives advice then it should be given in good faith with no strings attached. The same as person receiving that advice should not be under the influence he has to accept that advice.

That's not how society works in the case of a closed-ended question.

You were NOT asking for personal opinion here; you were asking for (at the least) professional opinion, and at the most, "The best" based on FACT.

If you walked into a shop and asked "Which is better out of these two brands?", and the salesman says "Brand 1", and you ignore him, to his face, and say "well, then i'll buy brand 2!";

you've just indicated: "I was ill-informed enough to require your time for advice, and now that you've given it, I'm going to ignore you"

'snubbing'\ignoring\disrespecting\using someone, ESPECIALLY a professional you've asked for help, is, IMO the height of rudeness.

Check yourself.

if you want push a supplier as part of giving advice then please put in the thread before giving advice.

FUCKING, EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

When there are Tens, if not twenties of other alternatives than a shop with

-a bad history,

-an expensive price,

-historically bad customer service,

-a previously hacked database,

-a less than ideal payment window,

you'd have to be DAFT to choose it!

Yet, you force us to accept that that is the only overpriced supplier you'd consider.

If you want value, if you want quality, if you want help;

STOP PUSHING YOUR SUPPLIER!

Edited by Master_Scythe

Quick question, Code: are you buying the PC now, or after you move? Are you still moving?

The thread in Feedback tickled my curiosity so I came here to read this thread.

Wow...hahaha, fuck. Good ol' Atomic chest beating threads. Those were the days.