Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
phenomenal187

The Mrs Needs a New Phone

The Mrs need a new phone but she smashes 'em faster than Hulk smashes Loki

Anyone have a recommendation for an android based phone that is basically unbreakable?

The last one I got her is a DOOGEE X5, same as mine, which I've had for about a month longer, and mine is still pristine. Still has the factory cover on it. Hers is a smashed crab, even though the phone is made with Gorilla Glass.

I honestly dont get how she does it, I had an LG L5 for years before this, also gorilla glass, never broke it, but she managed to set it on fire plugging it in. THATS the kinda tomfoolery I'm dealing with.

So, fireproof, waterproof, smashproof, hulk proof, droids, in 3, 2,

Cheers

Edited by phenomenal187

Gorilla Glass is only going to help with impact perpendicular to the display. Once you hit it from the side it's gone. You'll need a case to get around that limitation.

As for phone advice, that depends on your budget. You can get a Nexus 5X pretty darn cheap these days.

I think it's atrocious you blame your wife for what obviously are faulty devices ! :P

I once washed my partner's phone. It did about five minutes of a washing cycle. He opened it up and allowed it to dry out for about three weeks ( we live in the tropics )

put it back together and hey presto it worked ! An older samsung ( clam shell ) it was :)

Edited by eveln

Might be better off getting a $40 cheapie.

Or get one of those military type phone cases though they're sort of the polar opposite of the usual butterfly and encrusted fake jewel types that teh gurlz like.

Griffin-Survivor-Military-Grade-Apple-iP

Edited by Rybags

I think it's atrocious you blame your wife for what obviously are faulty devices ! :P

I once washed my partner's phone. It did about five minutes of a washing cycle. He opened it up and allowed it to dry out for about three weeks ( we live in the tropics )

put it back together and hey presto it worked ! An older samsung ( clam shell ) it was :)

You can also pull it apart and put it in the oven at 100c for 5 minutes (minus the battery). That's what I did last time. :P