Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
SonOfNoddy

What was the first game you ever played?

First computer game was probably tetris and the odd little go at Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time . I didn't take to playing Zelda too much,

but to this day I still enjoy the music and I have to admit to using ..." Hey ! Listen ! " ... doing my utmost to get the right sound ;)

First computer game was probably tetris and the odd little go at Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time . I didn't take to playing Zelda too much,

but to this day I still enjoy the music and I have to admit to using ..." Hey ! Listen ! " ... doing my utmost to get the right sound ;)

it's dangerous to go alone, take this!

"Look East"

~you see a solid wall, covered in spikes and the blood of previous adventurers who tried to walk east without looking

"Walk east"

~Like an idiot you impale yourself on the spikes.

Restart? Y\N

Oh yeah - that sounds familiar.

Also:

Examine East

"There is a slight draft blowing through around the edges of the blocks here."

Push wall

"Which wall?"

Push East wall

"You have to really put your shoulder into it, but the wall grudgingly buckles a little."

Push East wall

"Suddenly, the blocks collapse inward, and you tumble into the hole. Unfortunately for you, it appears to be a ventilation shaft - all the way to the bottom of the mine."

"Restart? Y/N"

Hahaha

well i cant stop laughing on what discussion goes :D

My first was MegaMan X 4 on my first 256MB RAM computer....

Then Diablo 2 Baldul Gate Mod xD

Just realize that I'mm not a boy anymore

Efficient inventory management lies at the heart of every successful e-commerce business. Poor inventory management has a huge impact on everything from profitability to customer experience and often leads to situations like pending orders with no stock, rising fulfillment costs because of poor warehouse location planning, dead inventory, and more.

Spend time to understand your products and orders to accurately forecast demand across channels. Open warehouses on strategic locations and stock the right inventory to reduce costs and expedite the web based order management systems process.

--

Check this demo

--

URL rewrite guide here

--

Check it out

Edited by heimerdinger

arcade, a simple car racing game, dont know the name but they pop up occasionally

home, a multi game thing that plugged into the TV, it woukd hav had pong on it

but the first one was probably something electro mecanical

I remember on car game probably around 1974-76 that was mostly mechanical, seemed to use cellophane car character and the track and other cars seemed to be on continuous rolls with the whole thing backlit.

Those things get forgotten as they can be simulated but not emulated, reproducing would cost lots of money and the gameplay generally wasn't good so they have little other than historical/collector value.

Pretty sure all the home Pong clones used actual chips, supposedly one company made a sort of ASIC which evolved later to have the hockey and shooting game and virtually everyone was making them.

Original arcade Pong another of those discrete logic games, actually a mix of digital and analog with stuff like the bat position almost directly derived from voltage coming out of a pot.

I played that text Star Trek on IBM compatible mainframes where supposedly it originated.

I think by the early 1980s it had been ported to almost every text capable platform in existence.

A good early game I remember on System 80 was the kingdom serfs/dictator game where you have to manage the economy and social policy of the country. It was also widely ported.

System 80 in fact I think was the first computer I ever used.

I can't remember the first games I played, I was 3, but I knew how to write the "win" dos command to start Windows 3.1

The game that got me into games was Mechwarrior 2 ... sometime later

Edited by RenascentMisanthropy

I can't remember, was minesweeper included on win 3.1?

Minesweeper first appeared on 3.1 (it replaced Reversi), so yes.

Funny, I thought you'd been around longer than that.

River Raid, either on my or a cousin's Atari 2600.

Tho' it may've been Donkey Kong, as apparently my family owned the handheld (green and silver, maybe?) LCD game from when I was young. I don't remember playing it much at all/before Riverraid, tho'.

I had the DK handheld Game & Watch, it's a dual screen, orange plastic and shiny covers. Looks like it was DK Junior which was single screen with bluish green bezel. DK II had a dual screen.

Pretty sure this site's been around for years - Flash and Java simulations of the handhelds http://www.handheld.remakes.org/online.php

• Like 1