Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Rybags

Project Binky

Another project worth following, this will likely be over and done with in the coming days.

This Old Tony is building a chainsaw motor powered go-cart for his kids.

2 episodes + an adendum so far:

The next Binky ep supposedly coming out later in the month.

In the meantime, This Old Tony still working on the go-cart, new episode out recently:

Good ep. Some nice fab work going on, especially the HVAC unit practically from scratch. Not sure if the cardboard incarnation is more impressive though.

Also good to see the timed work on the bracket (fark, a whole solid day for it) and cameo from Edd China.

A fairly famous car guy/mechanic in the UK.

He was on Wheeler Dealers for 13 years, and has built his own projects like world's fastest sofa and various other motorised furniture.

He also made the joined cars with top one steering/bottom one driving controls that were seen on 2 Top Gear episodes.

Caught it a couple of days ago...the only news relating to the next build ep is that there's virtually no chance of it before Christmas so I'd guess it's probably at least a month away.

In the meantime I had suggested to me Brian Johnson's channel "Cars that Rock". First video I saw was a blooper reel, actually pretty funny. The channel has him checking out various cars that most people are lucky to even see, let alone drive.

On the subject... a year or 2 ago I actually saw an Aston Martin Lagonda (1976-1990 model) at a small local show. For a while it was the world's most expensive car.

Damn that mans metal bashing skills still impress me.

Just welding aluminium is a highly skilled job, let alone complex shapes with multiple pieces in one join.

New ep out a little while ago...

• Like 1