Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
chrisg

This Census

Works OK here. And I did it yesterday. Log in now and it gives me receipt # for what I already did.

I'd suggest the traffic is already starting to saturate the system.

Our paper arrived today, we'll get to it :)

Cheers

Works OK here. And I did it yesterday. Log in now and it gives me receipt # for what I already did.

Hmm, will start taking screen shots for evidence JIC. :)

Maybe there's some self-righteous wankers out there trying DDos flood attacks.

Maybe there's some self-righteous wankers out there trying DDos flood attacks.

I expected that

OK, supposedly their system did crash according to a quick News ad.

What do you expect from a bunch of shinyarses?

I live in a city fucking full of them. Barely an ounce of common sense among them. Idealistic wankers who have no clue about the real world.

WTF. And now we've been informed you have until Sep 18 to do the paper version or 25 to do it online.

Yeah...

The entire fidelity of the one night census has gone out the window - like I said - fucking morons...

Cheers

I don't know if they moved the goalposts or it was that way all along.

Obviously if you're doing the paper version there's plenty of leeway.

But the impression I had of the online was initially that it was today only. I only did it yesterday out of curiousity whether you could get in early.

If it is the case that all along you could do it in a 5 week window, then that's a nice big clusterfuck.

They no doubt spent millions on advertising but neglected to tell people the most important information, ie it's a snapshot of "now" but the timeframe of when you can do it online is a whole lot different to what you actuallly are led to believe.

Edited by Rybags

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-08/nick-xenophon-to-withhold-name-in-census-over-privacy-concerns/7702304

" South Australian senator Nick Xenophon says he will not be putting his name on his census details, and is prepared to challenge any fines he incurs as a result."

Because I'm sure the government doesn't have his address on record. Nah, no way someone involved closely with politics has a known address.

"I put no name on my form, take THAT!" Great work mate..... nice address.... or ID number on form (if posted) or unique online code.... or IP address. Or postal mark (stamp) etc.

I think he knows that M_S. I'm pretty he's just making a stand. Regardless of the futility you might credit it with, it's his costs at stake. And his choice.

WTF. And now we've been informed you have until Sep 18 to do the paper version or 25 to do it online.

It's a costly wank that means nothing in the long run. The sort of info asked for by this is probably already available via other methods.

Having said that, I've not even looked at the paper ;)

And now I won't be rushing to it tonight, so it's all good. Only thing is, with the paper version does someone come and collect or what ?

Do w take it to the post office ? I mean I guess someone wants it eventually ...

Cunts were blocking overseas ip's (like as in from my VPN) which is why I couldn't get in before.

Makes sense. It might help reduce dodgy traffic.

Site worked fine for me.

As for when the census can be filled out, that hasn't changed. Most of the complaints I've heard on the radio are because people didn't read/follow the instructions.

I have the printed letter in front of me. As in the one they went to the expense of sending to everyone.

"Please complete the Census on Tuesday, 9 August 2016."

That's all it says WRT the time to submit it. Makes no mention of being able to do the online version before or after today.

Provides the phone # if you can't do it online, makes no mention of timeframe WRT the paper version either.

The ads on TV also made no mention. IMO an expensive clusterfuck. A simple piece of information omitted, with the result that everyone rushed to get it done online at once.

You do realise it's the government that can repeal and enact laws, right?

"You do realise" that the government doesn't control the senate right now, and repealing/changing the Census act would be a pretty hard sell to crossbench senators.

You might as well say no laws matter, because the could some day be repealed.

Every law matters while it's in effect. Data matters forever. I'm probably going to live another 44 years. That's more than enough time for a new fuckity government to fuck me around,

• Like 1

I have the printed letter in front of me. As in the one they went to the expense of sending to everyone.

"Please complete the Census on Tuesday, 9 August 2016."

That's all it says WRT the time to submit it. Makes no mention of being able to do the online version before or after today.

Provides the phone # if you can't do it online, makes no mention of timeframe WRT the paper version either.

The ads on TV also made no mention. IMO an expensive clusterfuck. A simple piece of information omitted, with the result that everyone rushed to get it done online at once.

It's probably like how at the election they didn't tell people that voting just 1 above the line would still count. They want people to follow the rules as much as possible. Stupid in this case, since trying to get it all done in one day is, as expected, impossible.

Census site not resonding. ABS homepage says "Very busy, try again later."

Pretty lame stuff.

So it's done, and I actually looked at the blue envelope ... lol ... now I have to post the bloody thing. Time was they'd be around to collect it tomorrow.

Every law matters while it's in effect. Data matters forever. I'm probably going to live another 44 years. That's more than enough time for a new fuckity government to fuck me around,

Good thing the identifying information is being scrubbed after 4 then. 3 more years of this government, and the incoming government in 2019 will likely have more pressing matters than repealing a 1905 Census law. ;)

Legitimate criticism of Census may now begin, though, since "LOL HOW DID I DO HIGH TRAFFIC WEBSITE".

Edited by SquallStrife

They were warned... apparently their arrogance was breathtaking, so now they can eat shit...

I see they are trying to say it was a DDoS attack, if they don't know how to cope with one of those they should not be managing websites...

Cheers