Sign in to follow this  
eckythump

Who the hell wrote this poem?

So! I was thinking about poetry the other night. I'm not much of a poetry fan, but there's the occasional one I like.

Many years ago, probably 7-8 years now, a friend read me a poem that I quite liked, and I'd like to find it again.

This is where it gets complicated.

I believe the poem was called "3 A.M.", though it may've been 1/2/3/4/5/6 A.M... but I'm thinking it was 3.

It's about a couple spooning in bed as they drift off to sleep. It was very sweet. The only things I remember about its content is the man cupping the womans breast, and their breathing changing to become in time with one another.

My friend did tell me a book it could be found in, but I've long forgotten and am long out of contact with that person. I have a vague memory of its title being something to do with a cat or a parrot, and it being an unusual title.

It may've been by someone called Michael, that name seems to spring to mind, too. And I'm fairly sure it's Australian.

So, can anyone out there take all these vague, possibly totally wrong memories and tell me who and what I'm looking for?

*hopeful*

As much as I would love to help... and i did have a quick look around, I have no idea what poem you are talking about. Sorry.

I believe the poem was called "3 A.M.", though it may've been 1/2/3/4/5/6 A.M... but I'm thinking it was 3.

It's about a couple spooning in bed as they drift off to sleep. It was very sweet. The only things I remember about its content is the man cupping the womans breast, and their breathing changing to become in time with one another.

I don't know the poem, but I can relate to the action in question.

3am is about right aswell :P

FX.

I don't know the poem, but I can relate to the action in question.

3am is about right aswell :P

Good to hear you've got yourself a woman, Felipe. At least, I assume that's the implication. :)

I noticed you and I share the same postcode, we should catch up sometime.