Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
SonOfNoddy

iPhone 4s being a c**t

Ok so I've tried to fix this for about 6 months now, but my phone refuses to charge, and thus it's "dead" eternally, but better still when I plug it in it shows the apple logo for about 15 seconds then turns off, then repeats the apple logo reboot cycle infinitely.....I've tried searching for fixes and I've just given up hope, any ideas?

How old is the battery? You could also have a defective charging port.

(Interesting timing, iPhone 7 is out LOL)

Edited by Jeruselem

How old is the battery? You could also have a defective charging port.

(Interesting timing, iPhone 7 is out LOL)

it's about a year old, and it only started doing this around the time pokemon go came out, and because i'm naive and stubborn I blame it for the problems my phone has

One year old batteries should not have that issue, so it does not charge from your Mac/PC or wall socket charger at all ???

Have you tried another charging cable ???

Edited by Jeruselem

One year old batteries should not have that issue, so it does not charge from your Mac/PC or wall socket charger at all ???

tried in my mac, other's macs, my pc, and all the wall sockets in my room, and I have no other cables to use, i'm a dying breed

tried in my mac, other's macs, my pc, and all the wall sockets in my room, and I have no other cables to use, i'm a dying breed

Borrow another cable from someone, it might be a dodgy cable (those Apple cables can be dodgy when they get old).

Borrow another cable from someone, it might be a dodgy cable (those Apple cables can be dodgy when they get old).

there are no other cables to borrow

I really hope for your sake it's just a bad cable, but you can't confirm that either.

Umm, any repairs to the iPhone 4s will not be cheap. It will cost money to fix either way!

Edited by Jeruselem

I really hope for your sake it's just a bad cable, but you can't confirm that either.

Umm, any repairs to the iPhone 4s will not be cheap. It will cost money to fix either way!

I am getting dad's 6 when his contract runs out, so that's coming in a few weeks

Ive had this issue COUNTLESS times with older iPods.

The problem is the battery is so low, that the splash logo actually re-drains it.

Every time I've had to do one of two things.

You MIGHT have some luck holding the button combo to get into download\firmware mode.... I forget what that alternate boot combo is.

Basically it wont turn the screen on, and it'll load as if it's a USB stick.

Otherwise, I've previously had to open them up, charge the battery a bit outside the phone with a LiPo charger, than put it back and go from there.

It's a royal pain in the butt.

Every time I've had to do one of two things.

You MIGHT have some luck holding the button combo to get into download\firmware mode.... I forget what that alternate boot combo is.

Basically it wont turn the screen on, and it'll load as if it's a USB stick.

You mean this?

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201263

YES! thank you :)

Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, and don't release when you see the Apple logo. 
Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.

Though, last time I used it, it DIDNT turn on the screen. However all the other steps match.

Edited by Master_Scythe

Try this

1. Connect your iDevice to your PC or Mac via USB cable and launch iTunes.
  2. Hold down the Home+Power button for 10 seconds.
  3. After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until iTunes detect your iPhone in recovery mode.
  4. Once your iDevice is in DFU mode, you should see nothing on its screen. It should be completely blank.

Err try this

1. Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.
  2. Turn off the device.
  3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
  4. Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
  5. Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.