Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
joemeow

How to setup vpn (Gaming)

Hello,

My cousin & i live 35KM away & we wanna play games with each other besides over the games internet options.

I've heard about a VPN & it sounds perfect. The only problem is that i have no idea how to set one up!

I searched my query on google & found some guides by PureVPN to setup VPN on windows, XBox, apple tv, ps4 etc.

But the question is do i require extra hardware? I'm running vista and my friend is running xp, there is also a friend who wants to join us & he is running xp.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Edited by joemeow

no hardware needed beyond the internet connection

its been a long time but i use to use hamachi for this

Edited by Dasa

Tunngle is the 'go to' to replace Hamachi.

EVOLVE is a great platform if you're JUST going to use it to game.

So is GARENA Plus

Though, I just looked, and HAMACHI has brought back the "Free" option, for up to 5 clients.

I've always found https://www.gameranger.com/ to be a great option, they do some kind of magical monkeypatching and automation to get tonnes of old games to work over their client, and when gamespy went down they ported a bunch of game to work on their system. However, I recommend using a throwaway password. It's been a while, but the last time I forgot my gameranger password they emailed it to me in plaintext, so I don't know if they salt and hash their passwords correctly.