Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
SonOfNoddy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition

So now that it's been out for about a week now, what's everyone's impressions? I think that what they've done with some of the community mods being added to vanilla is amazing (and yes they added community mods to vanilla if you pay close attention), as well as the ability to get all the achievements all over again is pretty good, gives me something to do. But I wanna hear everyone else's opinions, especially Cybes lol :p

Especially me? Naww.

Actually, I haven't reinstalled it yet. Guess I should, really.

:p having your achievements wiped and hours reset gives you an incentive to get the 100% achievements again, the main reason the bug bit me again :p

:p having your achievements wiped and hours reset gives you an incentive to get the 100% achievements again, the main reason the bug bit me again :p

Never got 100% achievements in the first place - but then I wasn't trying to, either. To me, Steam's "achievements" have always seemed kind dopey, and requiring me to mess with my gameplay just to get some notional badge.

Wouldn't say my hours was exactly a badge of honour, either. :p More like a sign that I should get a life!

Never got 100% achievements in the first place - but then I wasn't trying to, either. To me, Steam's "achievements" have always seemed kind dopey, and requiring me to mess with my gameplay just to get some notional badge.

Wouldn't say my hours was exactly a badge of honour, either. :p More like a sign that I should get a life!

I would hunt achievements when I had nothing better to do, all they really are is bragging rights, ditto with the hours (to me anyways, it'd be different for everyone ofc)

I installed it and realized my save game from the original skyrim wasn't available, so I uninstalled it.

Is the high res texture pack the same thing?

EDIT

I've since learned that you can pull the saves from your non special edition folder and put them in your special edition folder .... it's that simple

Edited by RenascentMisanthropy
  • Like 1

Is the elder scrolls v skyrim special edition worth to buy it. I've only played the original version without any mods...

That's a personal choice. For me, no it is not. There are no fundamental changes, except for the move to 64bit, and smoother gameplay just isn't worth real money.

Also, and this won't matter to you since you don't mod, it breaks any mod that relies on SKSE (a 3rd-party addon, whose authors have gone and got real lives). And that's many/most of the ones which alter really complex things like follower/npc AI behaviour. Which are also the ones I find pretty nearly indispensable. :p

(Just about all the simple or cosmetic stuff should still work fine, though.)