Sign in to follow this  
llyuen

which ADSL2+ filter?

Hi all,

as topic, which ADSL2+ filter to get?

will the generic one @ MSY for $5 works or those at DSE for $20+?

For ref: I hav cordless phone, a fax machine, and exetel ADSL2+

=D

does it matter when the package said "ADSL filter" or "ADSL2 filter"?

or as long as they are ADSL, its fine

Pretty sure the basic one will do, but I'm not 100% on that.

Didn't you get one with your modem? Bloody things seem to breed when you leave them in a dark drawer somewhere.

They're not all the same. They all work on the same principle but the quality of filtering and the frequency ranges filtered differ.

Any given working, non-faulty filter will generally work on both ADSL and ADSL2+ however some manufacturers build ADSL2+ filters to a higher specification to cover the expanded frequency range over which ADSL2+ operates. Lower spec'd filters will still work on an ADSL2+ line but are likely to provide a lower sync rate and/or worse SNR. Shitty quality cheapos will probably work most of the time and give you troubleshooting hell under certain conditions with certain phones/line conditions/modems.

My recommendation for ADSL2+ services would definitely be something from ACS (Advanced Circuits and Systems) - http://www.advancedcircuits.com.au - from memory, warcom sell them.

Li Shin's filters always worked well on ADSL services. Not sure about performance on ASDL2+ - for the most part they probably 'just work' like most brands. Some brands have been known to do a shitty job and result in interference from connected devices, including a few nonamers and D-Link.

With a bit of googling you might be able to find some comparisons, round-ups or reviews.