Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Jeruselem

nVidia Shield K1 tablet

Just ordeed an nVidia Shield K1 tablet off Amazon (because no one seems to sell these things in Australia).

I do know nVidia have their unique own weird ass version of Android but that's just normal I guess.

I don't think it's gonna get Nougat but I'm not stuck on KitKat at least because it upgrades to Marshmallow 6.0.1

Anyone used one of these?

Just ordeed an nVidia Shield K1 tablet off Amazon (because no one seems to sell these things in Australia).

I do know nVidia have their unique own weird ass version of Android but that's just normal I guess.

I don't think it's gonna get Nougat but I'm not stuck on KitKat at least because it upgrades to Marshmallow 6.0.1

HOW!!!?

I'm so sick of trying to order from Amazon to have 'Will not ship internationally' thrown at me!!!!!!

HOW!!!?

I'm so sick of trying to order from Amazon to have 'Will not ship internationally' thrown at me!!!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-SHIELD-K1-Tablet-Black/dp/B0171BS9CG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1484721715&sr=8-3&keywords=shield+k1

:)

And at the original sell price of $199 !!!

Edited by Jeruselem

OK, so it is just a matter of finding an international shipping company.

Is there a way on Amazon to hide all results that dont ship to Aus?

There is a "Ship to Australia" check box in the filter somewhere but it's a bit hit and miss as well.

My Bluetooth keyboard is bit pedantic. Doesn't like my Lumia 830 but pairs with Lumia 532 and Nexus Player. Hope I don't have pairing issues with the Shield.

Don't see what's special about nougat honestly.

It's a full UI redesign. It looks almost nothing like Android of old.

If you're not seeing it, it's likely they're not using the google launcher and are using their own solution.

If you're not seeing it, it's likely they're not using the google launcher and are using their own solution.

The shield uses stock Android - the difference in UI between 6.0 and 7.0 was pretty mininal apart from the noticifcations and split screen.

The shield uses stock Android - the difference in UI between 6.0 and 7.0 was pretty mininal apart from the noticifcations and split screen.

the previous app close windows?

The A-Z app ordering?

The quick drawer pull down changes?

There was a bit....

Edited by Master_Scythe

Weird thing, the buttons on my "Android" headphones don't work with my tablet. It's not the headphones. I suspect nVidia cheaped out with the headphone socket.

Oh yes, Nougat killed "adaptive storage" from Marshmellow ... or replaced it with something more subtle anyway.

Edited by Jeruselem