Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrInsaneBuff

Need help with 2.1 speaker's

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Does anyone know of a 2.1 speaker system which has an optical input along with the standard input?

I want to hook my 360 up to a set of speakers that would also be connected to my pc. I would need to be able to switch the source chanel when i wanted. So far the closest i have come is the 5.1 Z5500 system. Considering they have been out for at least two years they are still pretty expensive. I dont really need surround sound for this setup. So would prefer to just go with a 2.1 system, but i havent found anything that does what i want. So any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

MIB

Hey man,

I'm about to buy myself some 2.1 speakers today. I've decided on the logitech Z-2300's as these have

scored pretty damn good in the online ratings and only cost around 170.

If you can wait a bit i will buy the speakers and give you my own verdict on them.

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Yeah Wit let me know how they go.

Do you just want the speakers to have optical so you can switch sources easily between pc/xbox?

If so you could probably go down to Jaycar or maybe Jb-hifi and get a little switch box that you could plug the Xbox into (via the stereo rca jacks) and the pc into it with a 3.5mm plug (you may need an adapter for this as well) and switch sources from there. That way you wouldn't be so limited in your speaker choices.

That said i bought a set of Logitech Z4 speakers ($82 from MSY) for my pc the other week and they sound as good as Z5500's, just nowhere near as loud.

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Loud isnt really something im looking form. I am more interested in clarity. Will have a chat to the Jaycar people and see what they say.