Sign in to follow this  
bowlen

Horizon Zero Dawn

Has anyone started playing this game yet? I've watched some videos on YouTube and it looks really good.

Ranking very high too so sounds promising.

I just got it last night, its pretty fun so far, Very similar to Farcry primal in concept and game play. Played 6 hours without realizing lol. Would recommend it if you liked Farcry Primal.

Yeah I got it a few weeks ago. Have been loving it so far. Smashing it every weekend.

This is the first game I've played in a long time and I'm definitely enjoying it. I wonder whether there will be any DLC for it.

Just started playing on Saturday, having a blast!

I never thought I'd actually enjoy a playing a Bow/Melee combo, but it's doing it for me. And I love that Stealth has been built in too.

I just hit level 31, well on my way!

I'm still intimidated by the sheer number of hostile machines roaming the land. Fortunately, I can usually mount a broadhead or strider and pretty much gallop wherever I need to go without bothering the machines.

Leveled up my melee skills a bit, so Watchers, Striders, Broadheads and Scrappers are pretty easy to pick off (even in groups). And I haven't willingly chosen to take down a Bellowback yet either. (had one forced upon me in the first cauldron though)

Taking down a Sawtooth, Thunderjaw or Snapmaw requires a bit of preparation and distance. The flying ones, Glinthawks and Stormbirds are the worst.

Also, hate having to spend ages after a fight trying to top up the medicine bag, you just gotta fast travel to campfires and pick up the plants where you can find them.

Snapmaw Island:

C_NeDM9U0AAuMbE.jpg

Getting ready to take down a Thunderjaw (I was after the Crystal Braiding)

C_LennaUQAAzGaG.jpg

In future, I have to remember that after I knock the weapons off the Thunderjaw and Ravager, I can actually pick them up to help take them down.

Finished Horizon Zero Dawn last night, Platinum and 100% completion .

With the high health, maxed out weapons and the shield weave armour, I can pretty much melee any machine on the map.

Hint, no spoilers, after you complete the story quests, the world resets back to just before the final story quest, with all your XP, inventory etc intact, so you can go back and do anything you missed the first time around and do the final quest again. (certain things you need to wrap up to get certain trophies for Platinum) which is great, because you don't need to start all over again. (it is worth sitting through the entire credits, as there's a cut-scene at the end of it)

Finished Horizon Zero Dawn last night, Platinum and 100% completion .

With the high health, maxed out weapons and the shield weave armour, I can pretty much melee any machine on the map.

Hint, no spoilers, after you complete the story quests, the world resets back to just before the final story quest, with all your XP, inventory etc intact, so you can go back and do anything you missed the first time around and do the final quest again. (certain things you need to wrap up to get certain trophies for Platinum) which is great, because you don't need to start all over again. (it is worth sitting through the entire credits, as there's a cut-scene at the end of it)

I went back into the word once I had finished it. I wonder whether when DLC comes out and there's more stories and quests whether you will need to re-do that final quest again...

Most people seem to think that they could add DLC side quests (that won't affect the base completion) and additional Hunter Lodge quests. Maybe also additional machine types.

Looking back, I am at awe over the progression from being an outcast, to being a super-hero, how the map seems so large when you start out, then dwindles as you explore and level up. The machines progressively get larger and more highly armed, and as you level up, they become more of a match for Aloy.

Early on, I was terrified of leaving the comforts of home, but now I roam the entire land, not afraid to set foot in any part of it.

Played about 8 hours and lost interest. Just had to many games on the go.. might give it another go today.

The latest update adds two additional Trophies:

One for completing New game+ and one for completing New game+ in ultra-hard mode.

And two new play modes:

New Game+ allows you to restart when you finished with all your levels and unlockables

Ultra Hard allows you to start a new game at a higher difficultly level, but you are unable to change it.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6195-horizon-zero-dawn-new-game-dlc-trophy-guide

How have people got on with this game so far?

I already completed the game 100% and Platinum, now I'm playing the New Game+ on Ultra Hard difficulty. I think it's more of a grind, but I wanna do this before heading off into the Frozen Wilds DLC.

I ended up buying the digital version of the Complete Edition, given that it actually uses the same save files as the original.

Plus, I don't have to keep remembering to insert the disc.

Posted (edited)

I think Its a great Game, just got the Ancient armour So I didnt want to finnish yet I want the dlc

Then I will restart the game.

Edited by Waltish

If you want to 100% it now, you gotta Complete New Game+ and Complete the game on Ultra Hard.

For obvious reasons, you're best to play Ultra Hard on New Game+, as you will start with the ancient armour.

Just so you know, if you buy the DLC by itself, or as part of the Complete Edition, you can still access the Save Games from the base game.

Gone done it!!!! Just in time for Far Cry 5 and God of War.

DbEUEluU8AA9WyJ.jpg