Master_Scythe

Thank you Hospitals! (Sincerely)

So I took a friend with some 'worrying' pain to the Hospital last night.

Basically existing (somewhat diagnosed) painless symptoms, moved onto painful symptoms within a week... random...

I decided a bit of a drive was in order, and went all the way to the PA outside Brisbane;

It's bloody great, my father has had a lot done there.

I know it hardly matters, but BOY what a good experience overall !!!!!

We were seen within two hours roughly, we had a VERY knowledgeable junior doctor (who told us he was 'junior' right away), who consulted with the Attending a few times with any concerns.

I was impressed when he would admit right away "I'm not sure, I'm still Junior, let me go ask my superior".

We had bloodwork taken and back within about 2 hours also.

Sure, it all adds up to 5+ hours at the hospital; but really, with the alternative being pay someone, then wait a few days for pathology to come back, and possibly need more scans anyway.....can't complain.

Turns out the pain is to be expected but no one warned my friend when symptoms first showed up.

At no point were we treated as if we were silly for 'worrying' about it, and after bloods came back to assure that the pain isn't a likely cause for concern, just discomfort.

So that's a relief.

I'm always the 'responsible one', none of my friends would look after themselves without me :P

About the only thing I intend to write in about, as a suggestion, is to hire "Comforters".

Like wardsmen, but Junior staff who's job it is to bring pillows, blankets, non-restricted pain killers, water, snacks, and so forth.

They had "Nurses" doing all that, and in a hospital, I'm sure people are aware a "Nurse" is as much a Doctor, as the Doctor is (just less University I guess).

Straight A's to the PA hospital.

If they can shorten wait times even slightly (4 hours instead of 5), and have basic needs covered, you're an A+.

Keep it up!

Anyone else have a "recommended healthcare place" around the country?

• Like 1

I mentioned in a different thread that I find Flinders in Adelaide difficult to beat and Cybes mentioned QEH is pretty goof, my mother has a lot of time for Royal Adelaide.

In Perth the only times I've had to go to a hospital in recent years was RPH when my then wife was suffering anaphylactic shock - peanut allergy, they were very good.

Cheers

nothing in particular, but I'm always in awe of health professionals.

It does remind me of when my mum was crook. We took it in turns to sit with her 24 hours a day. One day I was starting my 'shift' with her and because of the hour the only way to get into the hospital was through the emergency department.

It was the scariest place I've ever been in my life. :(

Royal North Shore in Sydney has always done good by me (and I've had cause to use them a bit)

nothing in particular, but I'm always in awe of health professionals.

It does remind me of when my mum was crook. We took it in turns to sit with her 24 hours a day. One day I was starting my 'shift' with her and because of the hour the only way to get into the hospital was through the emergency department.

It was the scariest place I've ever been in my life. :(

Yeah,j emergency is never much fun, been a lot of much scarier places but my kids, and that wife, found it rather terrifying.

I sometimes wonder how they work there tbh.

Cheers

• Like 1

Mossman FNQ Hospital. Not only is it an aesthetically pleasing building, but the level of care is also very pleasing. Thankfully only

had experience of it the once.

Speaking of emergency entrances, the one at Cairns Base pretty much saved my bacon in 1999.They were busy and focused.

Mater Mother's Hospital in Brissy, it's where I had bubs. They were superb. Really lovely, friendly staff all through my stay. The midwife I started the process with finished her shift about half an hour before bubs actually arrived, so there was supposed to be a crossover with the next midwife, but she ended up staying. So I had two midwives in the room with me at the end, and the ward doctor was just doing her rounds so she stayed too, so I was very well looked after :-)

The ward staff were great, even came in in the middle of the night when bubs was just a couple of hours old and a bit unsettled and got us some warm compresses, took her for a cuddle so we could rest our arms for a bit and told us jokes and stories to make us smile. I got heaps of support and advice and everyone was friendly and helpful - and happy! Makes a lot of difference, really, when you're feeling weird and not-crash-hot-but-not-actually-sick and a bit unsure of the world and freaked out, to have someone not just pop in and do their job, or give you some advice, but be happy while they're doing it. You don't feel like such a crazy burden when they have a smile for you.

But as good as they were, I won't be going back for another stay, thank you very much :-p

• Like 1

But as good as they were, I won't be going back for another stay, thank you very much :-p

One mature symbiote is enough for you?

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/1/13/Goa'uld.JPG

haha exactly! :-D

Ahhh Stargate, those were the days :-)

Oh my fair Elven, They will ALWAYS be the days.

Im watching it through for probably the 50th+ time again, right now.

Your boyfriend passing a Gerbil is nothing to waste the ER's time with.