Sign in to follow this  
pumba69

Installation of 2x (4870X2)'s Need Help!

Hey guys I have just purchased a new computer and got my mate to build and get it going.

I will give you guys specs first then tell you my problem.

Intel Core2 Quad Q9550, ASUS Rampage Extreme Motherboard, Corsair TWIN3X4096-1600C9DHX 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3.

Thermaltake Armor+ LCS Black, 2x (HIS 4870X2), 500GB WD HDD, 1000W CM PSU. 64-Bit Vista Premium.

Okay this is what I have done. Me and my mate built the computer before i got my graphics cards, We used my old 8800GTX card to install everything.

Then a week later i got my new graphics cards and ive turned computer off the computer took old card out installed both 4870X2's and a "Creative sound card"

and put 2x (WDVRaptor HDD 150GB)'s In connected all cables up and cleaned up cables then did the honors cranked it up. and no video feed came out of any of the

new cards plugs? So i took the first 4870X2 out and put back the 8800GTX and cranked it up again and the screen came up normally?

So i put the Graphics card driver disk in and loaded the driver and then i took the 8800 out and put the 4870X2 back in joined up the crossfire thing. and cranked it up

still no screen feed out of any ports on both cards? It's got me stuffed.

I have not touched it until i get some one to help me find a solution to my problem. I was thinking Remove the SATA cables from the WD raptor drives remove the sound card and remove the second 4870X2 and try to start it up on one 4870X2. But I dont want to stuff it up.

If anyone know what i can do to fix it and get the new cards going in crossfire it would help me heaps.

Driver cleaner then 1 X2 get that working and add another. Try 1X2 under safe mode as well.

And you are a prick :)

Prick = Awesome and I am jealous I only have one might X2 Beast!

Driver cleaner then 1 X2 get that working and add another. Try 1X2 under safe mode as well.

Sorry mate i got too much money but not much exp on trouble shooting.

So your saying take out the second card and only have the new one in there?

How do I start it up in safe mode if i cant see the screen?

What is driver cleaner mean?

Sorry Im a total noob at building and troubleshooting thanks for the Quick Response.

I wouldnt be jealous, we were running 2 4870x2s yesterday with a 45nm quad at 3.9ghz and theyre shit, performance gain isnt worth 750 dollars.

*EDIT* @ The OP, do you have both the 6 pin pci-e and the 8 pin pci-e cords hooked up to both your cards? (4 pci-e cords all up)

Edited by nukejockey