Sign in to follow this  
fredzfrog

Gigabyte laptops, any good?

Hey folks!

So I'm looking at laptops, and my best bang for buck appears to be gigabyte branded.. While I use them for my motherboards, have done reliably for years, I havnt seen their laptops out in the wild as much. Does anyone have much experience with them? Thanks!

Yep, I own two. Both great.

Though one just started reporting 'charging' yet sits at 0% and its only 2 years old.....

but it WAS flat, and it IS winter. So I havent tried heating it up yet (common laptop problem, no matter the brand).

I love em!

Matte IPS screens ftw

Edited by Master_Scythe
  • Like 1

Hey folks!

So I'm looking at laptops, and my best bang for buck appears to be gigabyte branded.. While I use them for my motherboards, have done reliably for years, I havnt seen their laptops out in the wild as much. Does anyone have much experience with them? Thanks!

Mine just started charging again :D

excellent.

I think it's just been too cold in my house to charge from 0%.

Also there is a new BIOS this month to raise the thermal limit to 95*C, which is more realistic in a 'gaming laptop'.

I really can't fault it.

I'd buy another, for sure.

Yeah, I have had one for ages. The hinges went after a year, but I have dropped it and I'm pretty unkind to my tech so it's probably not build quality. I really love that laptop. No overheating problems like you get in some cheaper laptops.