Nich...

Spam of late

Thanks for being patient with the recent influx of spam in the past couple of weeks. I'm trying to keep a frequent eye on it to remove it, but sometimes I like to go and watch Guardians of the Galaxy or sleep.

We're looking into the best way to handle it without being too punitive to potential new users who might actually stumble upon this place and want to stay.

• Like 2

Captcha?

I got rejected by one the other day... must have moved the mouse in a near straight line to the tick box (supposedly the simple one with just the checkbox monitors how the pointer moves)

Captcha?

I got rejected by one the other day... must have moved the mouse in a near straight line to the tick box (supposedly the simple one with just the checkbox monitors how the pointer moves)

so THATS why it wont work when i'm using mousekeys.

I'd like to make some kind of joke linking the spam to 'professional tart' but my mind isn't moving quickly enough.

So I'm'a just say, yeah, wot 'e said!

lol. even a spam post adds to post count, until you come in and wipe them away ;)

Seems like a quick band-aid fix for now would be to block thread titles that contain http:// or .com ?

It should work, but I'm hoping it won't break something unintended.

As I posted elsewhere... disabling hotlinks has also borked the [ img ] tags and it would seem made no difference to the problem of spam posts with http in the titles.

Reverted. I guess the reason they put the spam URLs in the topic is because they're harder to filter out.

Sorry for my invisibleness guys. I've been not only working 80+ hour weeks, but my password got fluxxxed and it took Nich 2 goes to reset it.

Probably because he is incompetent.

Or a nincompoop.

• Like 1