Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
Ratticus

Righteous Rep Request

I have been unsettled to find that my star rating thing is only 3/5.

I will only accept two possibilities - please don't argue otherwise; my mind is as certain as an anti-vaxxer:

1. There are some hater(s) who have diminished my rep and down-starred me as an emotive lashing; likely fuelled by envy and possibly lust

2. In error, some of you have misunderstood the star rating system and assigned the incorrect value (I expect a thorough mod investigation forthwith)

As such - for our collaborative harmony, sense of self and community cohesion I feel it is only ... well decent really to direct you to click raise one of your own from these pits of deprepavity and repspair by voting accordingly.

Nice one Ratticus :) but I will only comply if you hang around for at least two weeks. Two weeks isn't a special period of time as such. It's just an indication of your dedication to your ego, seeing as how quiet atomic has likely become since you were last on :P~

Nice one Ratticus :) but I will only comply if you hang around for at least two weeks. Two weeks isn't a special period of time as such. It's just an indication of your dedication to your ego, seeing as how quiet atomic has likely become since you were last on :P~

I really had planned to - but I watched my four stars drop to three AGAIN TODAY!

I don't care about Hillary's mail servers - can we investigate something that really matters?

... I watched my four stars drop to three AGAIN TODAY!

You know that mentioning it just invites some people to go fuck it up for you, right?

• Like 1

Pay Cybes not a jot of attention ! He speaks with the self-satisfied tone of one who has FOUR stars ffs . lol.

Pay Cybes not a jot of attention ! He speaks with the self-satisfied tone of one who has FOUR stars ffs . lol.

It was 5 until I mentioned it! ;p

Hah heh ... with the swiftness of a Chanel boomerang ! ... straight to the back of the stars :P~~

• Like 1

Hah heh ... with the swiftness of a Chanel boomerang ! ... straight to the back of the stars :P~~

My point exactly.

IMO, it's kinda a dumb system, anyway. If the votes are one-off, one asshole can skew a result. If I they accumulate, as small a cabal as two can just upvote each other into godhood. If they're one-off buy expire, either everyone ends up marked as average, or people are enslaved to forever refresh their personal list of votes.

And does it actually matter anyway?

My point exactly.

IMO, it's kinda a dumb system, anyway. If the votes are one-off, one asshole can skew a result. If I they accumulate, as small a cabal as two can just upvote each other into godhood. If they're one-off buy expire, either everyone ends up marked as average, or people are enslaved to forever refresh their personal list of votes.

And does it actually matter anyway?

Wait what.

This isn't a cumulative average of my quantifiable social value on this forum? It is a new, unique variable with every interaction?

Well, looks like the only way to resolve this based on the deeply complex social considerations is to have a mechanism that checks that I have five stars, and if not ensures I receive them with expediency.

• Like 1

Starred

Fuck yeah, bitches! Who's better now?! That's right - FOUR STARS! Better than all you clowns!

1hrY08p.jpg

Oh, as an aside, I one-starred you to maintain my lead. Cheers.

I have been unsettled to find that my star rating thing is only 3/5.

I'm the same :) My theory is that most people don't care, but haters gotta hate as much as they can...

Oh, and hi!

I figure three stars or more is probably fine, if you have less than 3 stars, you are probably a bad person.

Well, yeah - 3 is 'average', since it's the midpoint on a five-star scale.

What would be more sensible than a directly voted rating is one derived from 'liked' posts; but that would have to be figured individually, as a proportion of that person's posts (rather than a simple threshold value - n likes per star) since some of us post way more than others.

I figure three stars or more is probably fine, if you have less than 3 stars, you are probably a bad person.

What would be more sensible than a directly voted rating is one derived from 'liked' posts; but that would have to be figured individually, as a proportion of that person's posts (rather than a simple threshold value - n likes per star) since some of us post way more than others.

Sup, homie!

I feel as though your grovelling didn't contain enough grovel, so I gave you 1 star out of a possible 5. I'm disappointed that my vote didn't bring you down a notch. So I'll have to log in with a number of my alts and sort that out.

Word.

• Like 1

No, not really. Karma, at least as Reddit has it, is just a tally of your upvotes - and naturally anyone who posts a shitload will get more, just as a function of posting more in total. I'm suggesting an indication of proportion of your posts which are actually worthwhile, as opposed to just noise.

:)

I may have missed something, I mostly hang in the GB these days, but have not seen Ratti for years, yet do know him personally.

I've never taken any note at all of the rating system, would have no clue what mine is and care less... :)

Cheers

No, not really. Karma, at least as Reddit has it, is just a tally of your upvotes - and naturally anyone who posts a shitload will get more, just as a function of posting more in total. I'm suggesting an indication of proportion of your posts which are actually worthwhile, as opposed to just noise.

lol Cybes. I think twinair just showed the fail to any worthy theory that can be purported ;)

lol Cybes. I think twinair just showed the fail to any worthy theory that can be purported ;)

There is no such thing as perfect - it's a concept, or aim-point. But there is "better". Whilst Twinny and his alts could sway a system like the one I described, it would require downvoting a significant portion of the posts Ratticus had ever made, multiple times - and this board doesn't even allow downvotes.