shirl

OBA "osama bin athlon"

my name is Thomas most ppl here knew me as shirl,its funny i was sitting in front of my pc and i thought about a old mate "OBA",Douglas,i met this bloke by chance in 1999 i bought some parts off him,we started talking about pc,s i was a newbie had no idea what i was doing,he took me under his wing and taught me the fundamentals of building pc.My passion for pc,s and overclocking from that meeting has never dwindled Doug took me under his wings and taught me how to over clock change timings and destroy a few parts along the way ,lol,

Just wanted to say i miss him heaps our drinking session,his fav coopers green,and our chats about pc,s his family he loved his girls heaps and his grand kid..i totally loved his music collection some classic music.

Mate where ever you are take care miss ya heaps mate..

Thomas aka "shirl"

yeah i forgot the A in the title..

Edited by shirl
  • Like 6

amen for all our temporary companions who remain our permanent friends even if we never meet again

i love the way that some interactions are so memorable that you don't need to be with the other person to know exactly what their take on a given situation would be, and you can laugh on their behalf

that's a wonderful gift to be given

to these people, i often send my positive telepathy, and i am certain a lot of them are on the right wavelength to receive it... strikes me that when i "spontaneously" reminisce that it's most likely because they are doing the same to me at that point :)

• Like 3

amen for all our temporary companions who remain our permanent friends even if we never meet again

QFT.

*Sigh*

I've lost three of my best friends this year - purely old age, then yesterday had to send my cat off on the one way trip to the vet - poor girl was 25 and had an inoperable tumor. It's damned quiet around here today...

Cheers but not cheery...

Beautiful sentiment very well said, shirl.

yeah i forgot the A in the title..

Nabbed that for you :-)

He was one of the few who'd tell it like it was, without bowing to bullshit PC sensibilities.

Got to take my hat off for that among other things.

Met him in person late 2004 at an Atomic m33t.

Glad to have known him.

aww man... I really have missed a lot

For example, some might say I'm tolerable now!

Some might not!

Not that much has changed I guess :P

OBA was tops though. Good chat every time.

Edited by Master_Scythe
  • Like 2

Scythe... no one thinks you're tolerable. It's been a long time but we suddenly haven't all suffered amnesia like a daytime soap. ?

J/k

Scythe... no one thinks you're tolerable. It's been a long time but we suddenly haven't all suffered amnesia like a daytime soap.

J/k

• Like 1

I miss him too.

I really enjoyed sinking piss with him and just generally getting off chops.

Laughing our tits off and talking computer hardware.

He was a great bloke.