1 hour ago, Jeruselem said:

the voice of HAL 9000 is dead

He really can't do that now, Dave.

Sorry.  Totally iconic role, so even if I don't know any of his other work he deserves some respect.  I think he would have appreciated that chuckle, though.

Seems much of his work in the last 45 years was voiceover and narration, some early TV stuff but nothing much that rings a bell here.

Cheers and "yoink!" - not an encrypted video so easy to grab.  Giant PITA how so many YT videos now (esp music) are encrypted and just produce a 0 byte file with FF downloader extensions.

My current favourite cure for the pesky ones that do that is YouTube Y2Mate

ed - warning about that page:  probably an idea to use a popup blocker, don't download any of the other junk that gets offered up.

Edited by Rybags
  • Thanks 1

just saw that - very ambivalent about spongebob, but it was certainly hard to not notice that it existed

yep, motor neurone diseases are horrible

2 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

george bush senior, aged 94

hmmm.... r.i.p.

A saint compared to the current maniac.

I never minded him, the oddity was that he headed CIA for a whole year but it was the Agencies machinations that cooked the intel that led him as President into Desert Storm.

In the end it was a misadventure but also stopped too soon, for rather mysterious reasons that only emerged later.

RIP

Paul Sherwen, cycling commentator. Off into the sunset.

Sondra Locke, aged 74 from cancer.  Actress and partner of Clint Eastwood for about 13 years.

Various roles but the ones I feel were most prominent were in Every Which Way But Loose, Any Which Way You Can and The Gauntlet.