...  My brother told me that today - left a great legacy, love the music.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

Willesee began A Current Affair ... it used to be okay then.

I bet he goes to his grave feeling just a bit disgusted with a lot of today's style of journalism

R.I.P Mr Willesee.

Edited by eveln

looks like lots of "young" (compared to me) people are checking out

luke perry - american tv and film guy, aged 52, from a cva (stroke)

recognisable for his years in beverly hills 90210 alongside shannen doherty

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/luke-perry-dead-at-age-52-after-suffering-stroke-publicist-says-20190305-p511qh.html

prince leonard of hutt river province

https://www.smh.com.au/national/prince-leonard-of-hutt-river-province-20190227-p510iq.html

i spent quite a few hours in the presence of the prince at his block of flats in como, perth during a christmas holiday (the suburb provided us with a great kitten we took back to darwin with us after the holiday there, who was "como" and lived for almost quarter of a century - a great tabby in all aspects)

he was quite the character, and my parents consumed many beers with him and other transients of the holiday letting; he was down to earth and had a good sense of humour

r.i.p., to a unique australian character

Posted (edited)

<removed>

Edited by Rybags

The ATO was chasing him for 3 million in taxes, wonder what will happen now.

1 hour ago, eveln said:

okay... I'm curious now  ^^^

I posted the Flint news without realising Outcast had done so already.

Missed one - only found out earlier today.  John Haynes, founder of the Haynes series of workshop manuals died aged 80 about a month ago.

The manuals, sharing true Atomican spirit are based on a complete teardown and rebuild of the car in question.  They've also released similar manuals on other topics such as home appliances, computers and even Star Trek.

On 09/03/2019 at 12:09 PM, chrisg said:

Hmm,

Had not realised this guy was of that age:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/airwolf-star-janmichael-vincent-dead-at-73/news-story/1a45c0b0b2c2a99641842a153e915dbf

Still a little sad, never took much notice of Airwolf, sort of Whirlybirds revisited from what little I did see but I liked his movies in the main.

RIP

remembered best from the original movie version of the mechanic, with charles bronson

rip

11 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Missed one - only found out earlier today.  John Haynes, founder of the Haynes series of workshop manuals died aged 80 about a month ago.

The manuals, sharing true Atomican spirit are based on a complete teardown and rebuild of the car in question.  They've also released similar manuals on other topics such as home appliances, computers and even Star Trek.

i have his one for my first motorbike, a suzuki 185, bought shortly before some bastard stole it

eventually got it back, but the frame and fittings had been pretty much destroyed in the interim  😞

Junaid Ismai—Kamel Darwish, 38—Atta Elayyan, 33—Ramiz Vora—Arif Vora—Mojammel Hoq, 30—Khaled Mustafa—Syeed Areeb Ahmed, 26—Lilik Abdul Hamid, 58—Haji Daoud Nabi, 71—Sayyad Milne, 14—Linda Armstrong, 65—Dr Haroon Mahmood, 40—Ashraf Ali Razat—Imam Hafiz Musa Patel—Ashraf Ali—Husna Ahmed, 44—Hussein Al-Umari, 35—Mucad Ibrahim, 3—Mohammed Imran Khan, 47—Tariq Omar, 24—Mathullah Safi, 55—Farhaj Ahsan, 30—Abdelfattah Qasem, 60—Ansi Alibava, 25—Ozair Kadir, 24—Ashraf al-Masri—Maheboob Allarakha Khokhar, 65—Abdullahi Dirie, 4—Hussein Moustafa, 70—Amjad Hamid, 57—Mounir Soliman, 68—Abdukadir Elmi, 70—Mohsin Al Harbi, 63—Osama Adnan Youssef Kwaik, 37—Mohammed Omar Faruk, 36—Muhammed Abdusi Samad, 66—Muse Nur Awale, 77—Ahmad Gamaluddin Abdel Ghani—Zakaria Bhuiyan—Zesshan Raza,38—Ghulam Hussain, 60—Karam Bibi, 60—Mr Suhail Shahid, 35— Syed Jahandad Ali, 34—Naeem Rashid, 40—Talha Naeem, 21—Ali Elmadani, 65.

• Sad 1