Um,

If that's Col. Potter didn't he die years ago ?

Cheers

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Cybes said:

Honestly, no I'm not sure.  I posted immediately before sleep - and not a nap, either.  But, I do know the story had a '30 minutes ago' tag, not the usual 'x days ago' that I normally see.  IF the thing was real, and not me screwing up, I would quite understand Wiki not knowing about it yet (I checked, Eve).

Figured you probably had. Still is kicking this morning though ... And that's a good thing 🙂

edit: according to wiki

Edited by eveln

A sad passing indeed, can't dodge all the blasters...

Cheers

Hmm,

I can't say I recall her dying but she just quietly faded away somewhen in the last 30 odd years or so. Guess she had a long quiet retirement RIP

(Diana Dors, she died very young if I remember correctly.)

Cheers

97 is a pretty amazing innings; she was a cutie in the day for sure, in the all-american blonde way

🙂

Odd form of synchrony - the late lamented "Colonel Potter" in MASH was lifelong besotted by the image of Doris Day, came up a couple of times in episodes.

Cheers

Yeah ,I just saw that ^^ ... probably died of shame and misery at the thought of  contemporary Labor and this coming election.

R.I.P Mr Hawke.

• Confused 1

RIP Bob - I was part of the celebratory crowd in 1983, albeit still at school and under voting age.

Even after I went all sour on the ALP around 1987, I was still sad when he got toppled by Keating.

His popularity as PM will likely never be matched (and probably a good thing).

I've actually met ordinary people that used to be part of his drinking crowd in the 1970s - apparently what the public are told of him was just the tip of the iceberg.

Also rarely to be matched would be his rise to power.  A self made man, albeit in the right place at the right time.  But he made the most of opportunities and the results are clear to see.

And another achievement - stopped drinking for over 10 years and changed his personality and behaviour to be beffitting of someone doing the PM's job.

One of his best one-liners...  "Anyone boss who sacks anyone for not showing up today is a bum!"

• Sad 1

Yeah,

As a general rule don't have a lot of time for politicians but Bob was different. RIP.

Cheers

• Like 1

not so sure grumpy cat rates as a person, although cats don't know they aren't

as much as i like cats, that thing was fugly

😞

That was half his charm I guess, very young for a cat though, even the late lamented Scrappy here who was very much a litter runt made it to 10.

RIP Grumpy.

Quentin Pongia earlier today aged 48.  He was a key part of their (most recent) 1994 Grand Final success.

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05/18/vale-quentin-pongia/

The Canberra Raiders are saddened to hear of the passing of Raider #149, premiership winning player Quentin Pongia.

Pongia passed away this morning in New Zealand after a long battle with Cancer. 

Pongia played 74 matches for the Raiders from 1993-1997 and was a key component of the Raiders 1994 Premiership team playing at Prop. He also represented his country New Zealand in 35 Test Matches.

In total, Pongia played 137 matches during his NRL career from 1993-2003 for the Raiders, Warriors, Roosters and Dragons, while also playing for two seasons in the English Super League with Wigan.

my guess is he doesn't want a cremation 😛

• Haha 2

Amazing he even got to 70 considering his profession kills drivers pretty young sometimes.

2 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

my guess is he doesn't want a cremation 😛

You, sir, are going to Hell.  Look me up when you arrive.

He'd probably see the funny side of it.

Cheers