RIP.  I barely remember that show airing in the mid 70s (probably on repeat run by then even with the sometimes 2-3 years lag we had).

Though the show itself lived on well beyond that time - fairly sure wasn't it Fast Forward that used to parody it?

19 minutes ago, Rybags said:

RIP.  I barely remember that show airing in the mid 70s (probably on repeat run by then even with the sometimes 2-3 years lag we had).

Though the show itself lived on well beyond that time - fairly sure wasn't it Fast Forward that used to parody it?

They did a damned good job of it too.

Oh wow. R.I.P. Wilbur . Yes I know that was his stage name, but it was the only one four feet tall me knew

3 hours ago, Mordenakhnen said:

Paul Darrow

Aww man!  😞  I guess Avon really did end up going after all.

Boy,

Blake's Seven seems such a long time ago but as flawed as it was and as messed up as it became Avon endured as the iconic character.

Never saw him play in much else after.

RIP.

Cheers

Franco Zeffirelli has died, aged 96.

Somewhat controversial film director sometimes but made some great movies.

RIP.

Cheers

Bill Collins died.

Quintessential Aus film critic.

RIP

He didn't really appear much on TV here - we had the 3rd World situation of only 2 then 3 channels until about 30 years ago and he was barely on TV by that time.

The local commercial station had no affiliation and just cherry-picked whatever serial shows and sports it wanted and generally ran movies independently and usually without any intro.

Of course now we have 25 or however the hell many stations with bottom of the barrel most of the time and 2 or 3 things worth watching in the entire combined day's schedule.

Hmm,

I never really knew just where he came from, may just have been my late night if at all viewing habits but when I did see him I was always amused by his more than somewhat accurate snapshot reviews.

I do recall his counseling a VIP that "The Thief, Her cook, His wife and her Lover" ( if I managed to get that weird movie's title right) might not be ideal viewing given the ViPs taste for Disney movies  🙂

Cheers

Hard to believe, it's 10 years since Michael Jackson died.

Not particularly a fan of his last 10-15 years work or the other crap that went on but when the story on TV came on with the Thriller video clip I remembered when it came out.

The extended Vincent Price version was legendary, it was when most music videos were fairly ordinary with the few exceptions being this and the likes of Russell Mulchahy's productions, especially the Duran Duran ones.

Geez... that is scary.

I used to use that clip to demonstrate video quality, on a big assed reverse projection tv that these days you literally could not give away...

How things have changed, we are not venturing into the future, we are accelerating into it.

Cheers

RIP - it was a good show, my young nephew got right into it after I obtained it.  Didn't realise the guy who played Alf himself had also died a few years ago.

As for plotline, it was usually about Alf running some sort of dodgy plan.

Hmm,

Rip Torn gone at 88.

He did not have a fantastic reputation, bad tempered apparently but he was great as "Z."

I'd not realised to was booted off "Easy Rider" in favor of Jack Nicholson.

RIP.

Cheers

RIP - didn't realise he was so old.  A huge resume though mostly seem to be minor and bit parts, about the only thing I remember him from is the MIB movies.