Only 73... he was a good presenter, too bad he didn't do much high profile stuff in the later years.

Connie Johnson has finally succumbed to the cancer. There are lots around her who will mourn her for the rest of their lives, her brother has been manically focused in the drive to collect money for continued research etc. It can't have been easy at all for her young family to share their mother's very public and drawn out dying. Oh my but they have a hard road ahead. My condolences to them all.

harry dean stanton :(

91 and good-bye

memorable for lots of movies, but mostly for me in "paris, texas" although also "wild at heart"

220px-HarryDeanStanton-1.jpg

hugh heffner, already noted in his very own thread

he wouldn't be seen dead with only men for company

edit : sorry , betty.... but one woman was never enough for the heff

Edited by scruffy1

tom petty.... almost

and ironic that it was his heart that broke :(

not a huge fan, but i bet i could sing at least the chorus of several of his songs

Considering the lifestyle of rockers of that era, I'm surprised he made it this far.

RIP... a legend and too young. I've got a few of his songs that get a regular play. Apparently recently finished a 40th anniversary tour with The Heartbreakers.

I guess this time he actually did back down.

... and yet Mick Jagger still lives :P Rest in Peace Mr Tom Petty . You are missed already.

I'm glad all those guys did what they did back then. We would have been truly braindead had they not had a go

Edited by eveln

ive been making this crack for a long time:

after a nuclear holocaust there will only be two lifeforms left on earth.

- cockroaches

- and keith richards

thought i might as well get it in now BEFORE THIS THREAD RUINS IT

Edited by @~thehung

no..... george young, brother of the youngs in ac/dc, and half of vanda and young, song writing team extraordinaire

now he's "down among the dead men..." :(

Edited by scruffy1

Ahh well ain't that ^^ an absolute bummer :(

Mind you, those guys all worked their butts off for the Aussie music Industry, and of course for their selves. A hellishly clever family that Young family.

Rest In Peace Mr George Young. And thanks for all the music you helped to create.

... There's a doco somewhere about The Alberts which comprises heaps of stuff on the Vander and Young brilliance ... iView put it up some months ago.

RIP. They had a story on the news, way too little though. ACDC owe their existence to him, and he did various behind the scenes work for others. And a legend in his own right with The Easybeats.

:(

Fats Domino died this week, one of the great all-time rockers, natural causes, he was 89.

Saw him play in New Orleans a couple of times, his energy was unbelievable.

Cheers

sad news again :(

seems that mature musos are dropping like.... dominoes

not a huge fan of the style, but i bow in respect to one of the legends of modern music

Re: Fats... I thought he was already long gone, actually. Like, 20 years gone.

Re: Fats... I thought he was already long gone, actually. Like, 20 years gone.

Apparently not, died last Tuesday, it was somewhere back in the early 80s that I last saw him, he was pretty damned good as I recall, but I used to go to a lot of concerts in those days and whilst I don't do drugs sometimes you do have to breathe and end up with a contact high :)

I'd be pretty certain he was high on something, but most of them are...

Cheers

Sir Ninian Stephen has died - well into his 90s, a great Governor General although I do sort of wonder just what they do.

I met him a few times, lovely guy, found myself sitting next to him on a flight to Sydney one time, he was a great conversationalist.

Cheers

the solo man has chugged his last lemon flavoured drink :(

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/other-sports/news/solo-man-michael-ace-dies-paul-hogan-skit/ibqbcalgxwnv131ukyzwfwxb7

local legend (hence my knowing this, as the manly daily posted a prominent piece on his demise this morning)... so i chose this appropriately themed ad for his obit

interesting to note that the "you gotta be a man to crack a solo thirst" tag had disappeared by the 80's presumably due to feminist empowerment (and not wanting to disenfranchise women who might also enjoy a cold refreshing lemon drink without too many bubbles, even if it remained "a man's drink")

and what's not to like with the late 70's music overlay ?

r.i.p. advertising icon of my youth ... when men with splendid moustaches didn't dress like the village people

Edited by scruffy1
  • Like 1