Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×

a really funny man; praise be for for the life of brian

... But I don't want to get on the cart !!

Ahh so sad it is :(

R.I.P. Mr Jones . Thank you for being a part of my teens.

2 hours ago, eveln said:

... But I don't want to get on the cart !!

Ahh so sad it is :(

R.I.P. Mr Jones . Thank you for being a part of my teens.

JYvme6.gif

• Like 1

RIP - they're all legends.  Often imitated, rarely matched, probably never beaten.

Kobe Bryant has been killed in a helicopter crash, he was 42.

One of the all-time greats of basketball.

RIP.

Cheers

Well, one of his daughters but yes, terrible day for the rest of the poor family.

Ironically they were apparently on the way to watch a basketball game.

Cheers

2019-nCoV may not be the zoonotic disease that does us all in, but just in case, i will be tracking our potential demise with the aid of this cool interactive infographic!

In response to this ongoing public health emergency, we developed an online dashboard (static snapshot shown below) to visualize and track the reported cases on a daily timescale; the complete set of data is downloadable as a google sheet. The case data visualized is collected from various sources, including WHO, U.S. CDC, ECDC China CDC (CCDC), NHC and DXY. DXY is a Chinese website that aggregates NHC and local CCDC situation reports in near real-time, providing more current regional case estimates than the national level reporting organizations are capable of, and is thus used for all the mainland China cases reported in our dashboard (confirmed, suspected, recovered, deaths). U.S. cases (confirmed, suspected, recovered, deaths) are taken from the U.S. CDC, and all other country (suspected and confirmed) case data is taken from the corresponding regional health departments. The dashboard is intended to provide the public with an understanding of the outbreak situation as it unfolds, with transparent data sources.

NLGK7f6.jpg

Yes,

He certainly lived a very full life.

Some of the rumours that circulated around his name in later life were a bit disturbing but, it's Hollywood, who knows ?

RIP.

Cheers

On 2/6/2020 at 11:49 AM, chrisg said:

Yes,

He certainly lived a very full life.

Some of the rumours that circulated around his name in later life were a bit disturbing but, it's Hollywood, who knows ?

RIP.

Cheers

Well, I say he did more good than bad............a great, great actor.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/06/opinions/kirk-douglas-profile-in-courage-seymour/index.html

3 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

Well, I say he did more good than bad............a great, great actor.

do you like gladiator movies ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

do you like gladiator movies ?

Yes.............and I have seen a naked man.

9 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

RIP Larry Tesler ... what did he invent? Copy and paste on computer systems! Which I just used ...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/feb/20/creator-of-copy-and-paste-command-larry-tesler-dies-aged-74

A fine thing.

Believe it or not, this is one of the main things I still have to teach people how to do!

I saw the story on the news but there was no mention of the flat Earth theory.

His previous attempts mustn't have gone very high, you only need to get about 15,000 feet altitude or less to see some real curvature.

Edited by Rybags

Flat earthers  even have an answer to visible curvature from altitude - I just forget what it is 😉

Ah well, he died doing what he wanted to do.

RIP.

Cheers

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

Flat earthers  even have an answer to visible curvature from altitude - I just forget what it is 😉

RIP.

Cheers

He used a steam powered rocket ... not sure how far we could have gotten anyway with that.

6 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

He used a steam powered rocket ... not sure how far we could have gotten anyway with that.

🙂

There are ways to produce very powerful steam rockets. After all the latent heat of steam can go to very high levels. It is not the correct way to think of it but in a bizarre fashion any rocket that uses hydrogen and oxygen, as Saturn 5 essentially did, is "burning" water. I don't know exactly what he did to produce the thrust for launch but that doesn't seem to have been the issue, the rocket apparently fouled on the launch gantry.

Cheers

5 hours ago, Rybags said:

I saw the story on the news but there was no mention of the flat Earth theory.

His previous attempts mustn't have gone very high, you only need to get about 15,000 feet altitude or less to see some real curvature.

15000 metres maybe

can be seen lower, but you need a clear horizon and wide field of view

5 hours ago, chrisg said:

being stupid  ?