Now Chuck Mosley gone- original frontman for Faith No More

Crap! Was just listening to them when I read that, too.

wee derail /...

you know, that every ciggie you smoke, God take's one hour of your life and gives it to Kieth Richards.

all credit to Billy Connolly.

...\end derail.

• Like 1

Now Chuck Mosley gone- original frontman for Faith No More

Crap! Was just listening to them when I read that, too.

Too young...but at the same time, impressive that he made it this far

r.i.p. advertising icon of my youth ... when men with splendid moustaches didn't dress like the village people

plus, Solo Man gave us this:

damn :/

Malcolm Mitchell Young was an Australian musician and songwriter, best known as a co-founder, rhythm guitarist, backing vocalist and songwriter for the hard rock band AC/DC.

Born: 6 January 1953, Glasgow, United Kingdom

Died: 18 November 2017

Bloody hell :(. christ Angus must be feeling pretty bloody lonely about now.

Not been a good year, my old friends are dropping off the perch all around me. A guy I used to fly with in the 70s, Ray McManus, died on Friday, I suppose he was 15 or so years older than me but that isn't too encouraging. Just died in his sleep, never took much care of himself but that's too young in today's world.

Cheers

Good riddance to bad rubbish, Manson finally died - they should have offed him decades ago, as much as I do not like the death penalty he earned it, useless piece of shit...

Cheers

yes, just noticed his departure myself

83 years old.... i must be getting ancient myself to remember the details of the family's rampage

the death sentence isn't really necessary... everyone dies at some stage; making him live for that long incarcerated is probably a more effective punishment than the thougt of being immortalised through "crucifixion by the authorities" given his messiah complex

83 years old.... i must be getting ancient myself to remember the details of the family's rampage

the death sentence isn't really necessary... everyone dies at some stage; making him live for that long incarcerated is probably a more effective punishment than the thougt of being immortalised through "crucifixion by the authorities" given his messiah complex

Whilst I do not disagree Scruffy but think how much of a financial burden he has been for all those years compared to a 10c bullet...

Cheers

Bullets cost about $1 in the USA now.

Upto $100 for super exotic rounds.

:)

I reload my own, and melt my own linotype for projectiles, costs me about 10C in powder and that's about all :)

Oh, need a new primer, ok 12 c :)

It really depends where you go though, not that I buy factory much, apart from .22 rimfire which are dirt cheap anyway, never even vaguely bothered to reload those, not sure I could, but any centrefire is easy enough with the right tools and I bought those decades ago.

Not that I shoot much anymore anyway, but I have hung on to the tools.

These guys are pretty well priced, mostly rifle ammo though:

https://thebarn.net.au/Categories/Remington/4120

I'm not really much of a long gun person although I do have one, rather ancient but very reliable Winchester that I picked up at a show years ago, never really use it but it has scared off the odd burglar :)

Cheers

No Manson should have been put down years ago. He did not repent did he ? He's been fed and sheltered for his deeds at the cost of the US purse ( or was he jailed by private comp. ? )

Meanwhile Polanski is sheltered for his drugging and fucking of a child and his talents are thought to be worth more than the life of the child he drugged and fucked. This is one crazy world

RIP

David Cassidy and Rodney Bewes (Likely Lads)

Is that the David Cassidy from the Partridge Family ? ...excuse, but that's the only one I'm familiar with

Yeah it is :( I got off my lazy backside and googled. I used to watch that show all the time. I think he needs to Rest In Peace now .

onoz... i just googled re david cassidy and rodney bewes, and lo and behold, i hit paydirt

far out ! so many dead people that i didn't know has moved on, whom i remember well : http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/celebrity-deaths-2017-david-cassidy-9540486

that's really sad... too many to mention them all, but worth a browse just for the nostalgia of the stars of my youth... and a lot of "who was that?" allegedly famous people too, who i didn't know at all (most of them younger and lost to misadventure, as is the way)

edit : had to cut'n'pasta this :

Actor Robert Guillaume died on October 24 aged 89 following a battle with prostate cancer.

The star was best known as the titular character in sitcom Benson, and provided the voice for Rafiki in Disney movie The Lion King.

He also appeared in hit video game Half Life 2, voicing scientist Eli Vance.

no way ! i remember him as benson all right, but in the original show that spawned the character- "soap", where he was the completely po-faced butler of the family , whose most famous offspring was a very young billy crystal playing a very "normal" gay man in an era where very few homosexuals were "out", especially on american sitcom, and he wasn't a mincing camp joke, he was the most sensible member of the family

that show was the bomb :)

and dang ! i never knew he was eli vance !! i'd so jump his video daughter - alyx is totally hot, like some love child of lucy liu and prince :D

Edited by scruffy1
  • Like 1

One of my daughters is not going to be happy about this:

" The rock world was left stunned earlier this year when Chester Bennington committed suicide aged just 41. The Linkin Park frontman had suffered a lengthy battle with depression before hanging himself at his LA home. But despite his troubled state of mind, Bennington still ensured his family’s financial future would remain secure."

I took her to see them once, talk about loud, but she loved it :)

Cheers