surprise! surprise! surprise !

that's a sad announcement... he had a great voice too

really, he was a pretty fabulous man for his times :(

• Like 1

Yep, RIP. That show was funny as fuck at times - and the character one of those rare ones like Maxwell Smart, Gilligan or JR Ewing where you couldn't imagine anyone else playing the part.

I actually thought Gomer was dead already. What a time to be alive in he had. R.I.P. Gomer

Christine Keeler has died:

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/british-showgirl-at-centre-of-profumo-affair-christine-keeler-dies-aged-75/news-story/d7015efbec672aef136df4f27901af67

To be honest I'm surprised she lived as long as she did but if you lived in London in her heyday, as I did, most everyone had met her, real party girl especially at Mr Foggs, one of London's first mega-bar complexes.

RIP Christine, none could say you did not live...

Cheers

rory o'donoghue won't be back (unlike aunty jack, for now)

farewell thin arthur

rory o'donoghue won't be back (unlike aunty jack, for now)

farewell thin arthur

Oo bugger, that's one that will be missed by some of us.

Perhaps time to fish out my AJ DVDs and re-watch some classic comedy

• Like 1

" farewell thin arthur " . Your daughter says you chose your time. Thankyou for sharing your talents first.

R.I.P. Mr O'Donahue.

Edited by eveln

Flo Joh gone, at 97.

To be honest I thought she died years ago, nice lady, sat next to her at some function way back when - reminded me of my mother - a scary thought :)

RIP

Cheers

Not related to Joh then?

Wot ?! ... can't work out whether you be jesting or no ;)

My condolences to the family of Flo.

I have lived in the State of QLD for a bit over three decades now and have yet to try a pumpkin scone. I can tolerate the soup, but I will dry reach at the taste of the baked or steamed blocks of orangey guck.

never heard of her. but i'm thinking of her family too.

i am wondering if she had nieces, and if she visited them regularly. but at 97, probably not.

i am wondering if she had nieces, and if she visited them regularly. but at 97, probably not.

I am wondering why you are wondering if she had nieces. I reckon you'd be right about her not visiting them regularly if she did have them. You never know though, if she did have nieces, and they liked her, they might well have visited her

I am wondering why you are wondering if she had nieces. I reckon you'd be right about her not visiting them regularly if she did have them. You never know though, if she did have nieces, and they liked her, they might well have visited her

really? :D

because i cant recall ever hearing that name outside of the popular euphemism...

51EK0GAi6ZL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

really? :D

because i cant recall ever hearing that name outside of the popular euphemism...

51EK0GAi6ZL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Oh my :) I did not see that coming. Not at all :) * giggles stupidly *

Not related to Joh then?

Wot ?! ... can't work out whether you be jesting or no ;)

I have lived in the State of QLD for a bit over three decades now and have yet to try a pumpkin scone. I can tolerate the soup, but I will dry reach at the taste of the baked or steamed blocks of orangey guck.

:)

I know or perhaps more accurately knew, Queenslanders who were convinced without Flo Joh would never have made premier.

BTW Ev I can't stand pumpkin scones either, out of morbid curiosity my mother and I made some decades ago, one bite was enough to persuade us the woman was either insane or had no sense of tastes :)

The dogs ate them, but dogs will eat anything :)

Apropos nothing I went to finish the Christmas shop today, my wife does love pumpkin but, $7.49 a kilo !?! Needless to say I did not buy any, typicallu here it is around $3 per kilo, in S.A quite often as low a $1.

For some reason I can't edit the above post so any typos you will have to put up with :)

Cheers

BTW Ev I can't stand pumpkin scones either, out of morbid curiosity my mother and I made some decades ago, one bite was enough to persuade us the woman was either insane or had no sense of tastes :)

I tried the ones from the Sheffield (Tasmania) shop that was started in her name and using her recipe. If the ones you tried where anything like the ones I tried I am surprised the dogs didn't sick them back up.

Not nice at all.

I tried the ones from the Sheffield (Tasmania) shop that was started in her name and using her recipe. If the ones you tried where anything like the ones I tried I am surprised the dogs didn't sick them back up.

Not nice at all.

At the time mate a couple of Corgis, those buggers will eat anything and just feriise your garden later :) No wonder Buck House has good lawns :)

Cheers

This is what I don't get about those that profess to love their pets ... they feed them the food they wouldn't eat.

Dogs never seem to care much - cats ? We are without one at the moment but they tend to eat better than me :)

Cheers

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/12/28/16/11/actor-who-played-menacing-star-wars-alien-in-famous-cantina-scene-dies

"You just watch yourself. I have the death sentence on 12 systems."

UK-born actor Alfie Curtis – best known for his role as a Star Wars cantina-lurker with an attitude problem – has died aged 87.

Curtis, who also featured as the titular Elephant Man in David Lynch’s 1980 film, died of unconfirmed causes yesterday.