I will have gone into the presence of God."

And now I feel sympathy for God. What did the genocidal old bugger do to deserve that, eh? ;p

as one of my mailing list "believers" just posted

This famous quote from Billy Graham sums up his perspective on eternity: “Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God."

Except everyone stays "dead" until Judgement Day

yeah, my daughter is a great fan - he did lots of voice work for studio ghibli too

r.i.p.

Givenchy has died, aged 91.

I hate to think how many LBDs I've bought over the years for various women, a lot of them knock-offs I'd suspect, but he transformed French fashion.

his most famous was I suppose the original LBD made for Audrey Hepburn for "Breakfast at Tiffany's" but he did much more than that.

I used to go out with a French model who worked for him for a couple of seasons so met him a few times - lovely man :(

RIP.

Cheers

Chrisg international man of fashion?

;)

Well, I usually hang out in a T and jeans, but yes, been around the fashion scene quite a lot when I think about it, mostly from dating models :)

They tend to be rather vacuous creatures although I still count a couple of the now retired super-stars as friends, and nothing more - 70s London... :)

I used to house-share with a rather famous photographer, so there was a steady procession :) I went to school with him actually - drugs over-powered him in the end, been dead for years :(

If I have to I scrub up ok In a suit, but not very often :)

Cheers

Had to think what an "LBD" was. got there eventually :) Hepburn's was a bit more than a little one tho. most elegant piece of black fabric that ever was . imo.

R.I.P Givenchy. Thankyou for the elegance.

Hepburn's was a bit more than a little one tho. most elegant piece of black fabric that ever was.

That had more to do with Audrey, imho. That woman would have looked good in a sack.

:)

Sorry Ev, "little black Dress" of course, even my daughters have one, and they live in jeans, guess I paid for those as well :)

I met her once, in some eclectic bookshop on the east side in NYC, jhad to do a double take, she was tiny, like Kylie Minouge tiny but she loved my accent, which at the time was a U.K/US mish mash, now it has OZ over the top, most people have no idea where i'm from, comes of being a wanderer I guess :)

i'm no autograph collector but she gleefully wrote in the copy of "On the Road" that I had just bought with "Love this book!! XX Audrey."

Obviously I still have it, it even survived Cyclone Tracey :)

I totally agree with Cybes, she was plain gorgeous - we had a quick snack together because she wanted to hear me talk :)

I do get around I guess :)

Cheers

Posted (edited)

Beat me by about a minute!

Seems weird for him to die

Such a long life with such a disability.

I think we'd all just assumed he'd managed to figure out the math behind death and work around it.

Such a shame. I wonder if we'll see any unreleased work.

RIP

Edited by Master_Scythe

That's sad. But the initial diagnosis gave him a fraction of what he actually got.

Right now, he's probably exploring beyond the event horizon.

MND normally kills people within 5 years of diagnosis. This dude was 76. Not a bad run for even healthy codgers.

His family are sad, understandably, and so am I. Science took a great blow today.

Considering his medical condition, he did well to get to 76.

ah, that's crap !

what a brilliant mind.... but he's not dead, he's just shifted dimensions

r.i.p. mr hawking

Posted (edited)

Not to mention he died on Albert Einstein's birthday, and they passed at the same age.

And he was born on the anniversary of Gallileo's death.

Deep.

Edited by Damo
  • Like 1

I knew there was a connection somewhere... but I went looking at Newton instead of Gallileo. They were born 300 years apart but at opposite ends of the year.

Pretty amazing about the death day. Not bad company.

@ Damo : deep and Twilighty Zone-ish

Posted (edited)

OMG today is also Pi day LOL

(14th of March, or 3/14)

Edited by Jeruselem