I've. no idea what the life expectancy of a gorilla is but that seems young.

RIP Koko...

35-40 years in captivity, so she did well.

She was a kind and funny beast, and the world is poorer for her loss.

Richard Harrison, "The Old Man" from Pawn Stars died from Parkinson's on the 25th of June.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/richard-old-man-harrison-dead-dies-pawn-stars-1202856594/

Richard Harrison, a series regular on Historys Pawn Stars died on Monday. He was 77.

The fan favorite, dubbed Old Man, had been battling Parkinsons disease before he died.

We are deeply saddened by the loss of our friend Richard The Old Man Harrison, a beloved member of the History and Pawn Stars family, the network said in a statement. He will be greatly missed for his wisdom and candor. Our thoughts are with the Harrison family during this difficult time.

Harrison, who owned Rick Harrisons Gold & Silver Pawn Shop since 1989, was one of the shows original cast members. He and his son quickly became some of the series most popular pawn men with their Las Vegas business, which confirmed Harrisons death on Monday.

harry m miller

first famous to me for the live local production of jesus christ superstar, but then a finger in every big gig thereafter, really

:(

R.I.P. Ms Aretha Franklin. Thankyou :(

• Like 1

amen

good-bye and farewell to the queen of soul  😞

one of the great voices over several decades

• Like 1

Yeah. The very first time I watched the Blues Brothers, she just blew me away .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

chrisg wanted to mention Kofi Annan here, so I'm starting it off for him.  He was a pretty great and fairly unsung humanitarian.  R.I.P.

Edited by Kothos

You know someone's worth their weight in gold when all sides of the divide can declare you a good man. I'd say Kofi had a pretty good innings in that regard.

Hopefully that's not a bad sign as we head into more chaotic times.

12 minutes ago, aquilus said:

You know someone's worth their weight in gold when all sides of the divide can declare you a good man. I'd say Kofi had a pretty good innings in that regard.

Hopefully that's not a bad sign as we head into more chaotic times.

🙂

Or maybe :( there is more chaos to come ?

I need a desert island... anybody know of one ?

Cheers

Senator John McCain died. 81 years old, rather amazing considering the life he led.

Regrettably that probably put the honorable U.S politicians list down into single figures.

RIP, your country if not the world is going to miss you.

Cheers

" Senator John McCain died. 81 years old, rather amazing considering the life he led.  "

I'd heard that during his very early years of flying his antics were responsible for the deaths of over a hundred people ... but when I went to look for it in wiki, all it said was that he  escaped from his burning jet  ...

Oh wiki did say he liked to party as well.

Senator John McCain died. 81 years old, rather amazing considering the life he led.

Regrettably that probably put the honorable U.S politicians list down into single figures.

RIP, your country if not the world is going to miss you.

Cheers

🙂 He'd hardly have been a fighter pilot if he did not like to party Ev.

In 'Nam he initially flew ground attack, so the comment of his killing a lot of people is probably correct, that tends to be what ground attack involves, but he'd never have been involved in even 10% of that many deaths to friendly fire without being cashiered.

Cheers

It's a bad year for the celebrity greats, Neil Simon has died:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/pulitzer-prizewinning-playwright-neil-simon-dies-at-91/news-story/e58250df987b05ea239b6890ba8a7d5b

I never saw a play of his that I didn't enjoy, a few minutes in and you knew most everyone who was to feature in the play and he had a wicked sense of humour.

RIP

Cheers

burt reynolds

actor and celebrity from back when people were famous for more than simply being famous

star of more cheesy 70's movies than i can name, and rocked a fine moustache n the fashion of the times

also a very capable actor when the the genre required it

another memory of my youth gone from the planet... 😞

RIP Burt.  Smokey & the Bandit was out the same year as Star Wars and second highest grossing behind it.  The funny thing is that he was the star but upstaged by the car, Sally Field and Jackie Gleason.
But yeah, if there was an actor that just symbolized the 70s it'd just about have to be him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

burt reynolds

actor and celebrity from back when people were famous for more than simply being famous

star of more cheesy 70's movies than i can name, and rocked a fine moustache n the fashion of the times

also a very capable actor when the the genre required it

another memory of my youth gone from the planet... 😞

Man I've been off kilter allll day . I didn't know this till now  :(

R.I.P. Mr Reynolds . You could be one cheesy bastard, but a fun one.