Given the amount of overseas travel and online stuff I do I'm surprised this hasn't happened earlier.

Just over four thousand dollars of fraudulent credit card transactions over the past few days. Got an email from the bank that alerted me of the problem(no, not a scam e-mail because it told me to contact the bank using the number on the back of the card).

And it wasn't the two big dollar transactions that they picked up on, it was the attempted zero dollar transaction. Fortunately it just looks like it will be the inconvenience of moving my Netflix and webhosting regular payments...

• Like 2

You'll be getting a new cc number then, I assume. I'd hate that - I have my 19 digits memorised.

You'll be getting a new cc number then, I assume. I'd hate that - I have my 19 digits memorised.

Sometimes that's a not a bad thing, I find it way to easy to use my credit card now that I've memorised all the details.

Sometimes that's a not a bad thing, I find it way to easy to use my credit card now that I've memorised all the details.

It's faster for me, but not easier. I think I'm a natural-born skinflint - it takes an effort of will to spend money, even for stuff I actually need.

I didn't set out to memorise the numbers, btw. Two or three 'net purchases in the same day, and it just wedged itself in there. I could wish the 4 digit PIN would do the same! ;p

Spoke to a neighbour tonight. His son had the same thing happen to him, same bank and they bought tickets with the same airline.

Wonder what the weakness is...

Hmm,

Usually it's human not IT.

I had it a couple of times some years back now but the particular credit card company was very on the ball and knew I was not in the U.S. when a small transaction appeared. Turned out to be an employee at a hotel I usually stay at.

Cheers