Sign in to follow this  
africa

24" VS 26" Battle of the LCD's

LCD Size  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which size In your opinion, do you prefer?

• 22"/below
    • 24"
    • 26"
    • 27"/28"
    • 30" or above?

Hey guys,

I've finally gathered together the cash to complete my rig =D and was looking at monitors

I thought hey why not get a 28" and well my mate informed me on the fact that it is basically a stretched out 24"/26" and that peice of info coupled with my insane paranoia did not mix well. So I thought well I really don't need a 28" anywho as I generally press my nose right up to the screen anyway whilst gaming =P

So Just wanted to get your opinion on which you think would be better in these times - Which would you prefer a 24" or 26", and I would be more than happy to get explanations on why or how etc and any suggestions to good monitors would be great. Thanks again guys.

FeRReT

I haven't experienced 26,27,28. One of the machines at work has twin 30"'s which is just about completely useless for development. Luckily it's used primarily for building GIS shape files (lots of polygons on the screen at the same time) so the more space the better.

I more than happy with dual 24"'s, though I might be more happy with triple 24"'s. not too sure though.

22" BenQ E2200HD.

Yeah.

22"

1920x1080.

I'd get this if i did already have a 24". Reviews are good too.

I think 24" is brilliant, I mean I got an expensive one, but 1920x1200 on 24" is bliss!

I got the dell WFP2408 ultrasharp, love it :D

I think 24" is about the biggest you'd want for most PC tasks. Especially for LANs, 24" is getting pretty big.

My mate has the 28" Viewsonic, and it's about twice the size, and five times as heavy, due to it's massive base, bezel with speakers, etc.

Also, 24" goes to 1920x1200, as do all monitors up to 30". 24s seem to be at a good price at the moment, mine was about $390.

Best solution for me : an IPS 30" - gotta love the colours and the raw resolution of 2560x1600

Best value for money: a TN 24" - big space (still somewhat portable), poor colours, but sooo cheap - go the PVA panel if you want nicer colours for more $s

The 30" is my preferred use for home because I do photo editing, and want the res in a big slab.

Otherwise, a pair of 24" screens (using either TN or PVA panels) would be cheaper for even more pixels with a better distribution for general gaming, coding, word processing and web work.

For computer work, the 26-28" monitors don't seem much value to me, the size difference is small, for no more resolution - obviously if you have poor eyesight, or plan on sitting further away, the larger pixels help, but at desktop PC distances, that's less common.

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Picked up a 24" BenQ LCD (G2400WD) last week. I had been considering getting twin 22" screen's but then realised that i dont do a hell of a lot of stuff on my PC when at home. I surf the net, watch movies, and occasionally play games. I really dont need a massive ammount of screen realestate. I picked this one because of the great price, and the fact it is HD ready. Didnt see any reason to not get a HD compliant scree as thats the way everything is headed.

If you dont get more pixels for a bigger screen untill the 30" mark. I would say save your money and just get the 24. Think about what you really do with the screen everyday, rather than just the cool factor.