Master_Scythe

Twenty Two Minutes to type www.

I tend to think the sun and or XXXX get to their brains :)

It's not just QLD - or all of it either. I reckon heat makes brains operate differently. Not stupid by any means, or Singapore would not be where it is today, but...different. Like, Cornish different. Things seem perfectly reasonable to people in hot climes that can leave those same people scratching their heads in bewilderment in cold climes (if they move, for example).

'Course, that doesn't explain the Cornish themselves - sure ain't hot there. And the Irish. And Poles... ;p

It's sort of like the "Quality of Weather" intelligence.

You go somewhere, where the weather is usually shit, and people will KNOW things and discuss them.

You go somewhere where the weather is great, and people know how to DO things, but not usually the right way to do it....

What absolutely flabbergasts me, is the lack of either Humility, or outright, correctly placed, embarrassment people seem to lack.....

No humility to phone up and go "Can you teach me this? I don't get it at all....." or "I broke this, I thought I knew how, can you please help?"

and no shame, to actually look into the basics (like, is it plugged in? or..... Have you restarted the computer yet?) before making it "Someone else' problem"

Just..... blows my fucking mind.

• Like 1

What absolutely flabbergasts me, is the lack of either Humility, or outright, correctly placed, embarrassment people seem to lack.....

No humility to phone up and go "Can you teach me this? I don't get it at all....." or "I broke this, I thought I knew how, can you please help?"

and no shame, to actually look into the basics (like, is it plugged in? or..... Have you restarted the computer yet?) before making it "Someone else' problem"

Well, it's horrible, but that part I kind get, at least in your case: by the time they get to you (L3), they've already (or should already have) been through at least two rounds of being treated like an idiot*, and they assume (probably wrongly) that whoever passed them up the line also passed on at least a problem description. Even being asked politely "What seems to be the trouble?" is going to make them spit blood.

(*And fair enough some really are. But some many will have already done things like power cycling, replugging, checking switches - being asked to do that again because it's on the L1 script is downright insulting.)

• Like 1

Well, it's horrible, but that part I kind get, at least in your case: by the time they get to you (L3), they've already (or should already have) been through at least two rounds of being treated like an idiot*, and they assume (probably wrongly) that whoever passed them up the line also passed on at least a problem description. Even being asked politely "What seems to be the trouble?" is going to make them spit blood.

(*And fair enough some really are. But some many will have already done things like power cycling, replugging, checking switches - being asked to do that again because it's on the L1 script is downright insulting.)

Your logic is right.

Catch is though, normally, they skip L1 and L2, and sometimes i just feel 'nice'.... always bites me.