Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
fredzfrog

Woo! Star trek Discovery! (spoilers, probably)

Yeah, interesting set of events, but I'm not sure it'll get some viewers back over the last few eps and the tropes they've played out.

Wow! That was a hell of a ride. I'm just talking about reading this thread, the series was simply excellent.

The Klingons - iirc, there is a plague that requires genetic tinkering and massively reduces the population before the Original Series. So changes.

Now that Lorca's dead, Michael's redeemed and we've met the Enterprise, all that really needs to be wrapped up is the disappearance of the spore technology.

Now that Lorca's dead, Michael's redeemed and we've met the Enterprise, all that really needs to be wrapped up is the disappearance of the spore technology.

...and why Spock has never mentioned Michael.

...and why Spock has never mentioned Michael.

Probably because she's the... (get ready)... black sheep of the family.

So, will we see Spock ep1 S2?

STD S1 was ok, a little too fast paced imo, a symptom of its binge watch serialized intent. It all kind of merges into one mass in my memory. The 2 standalone eps are easy to seperate out and remember.
I prefer DS9 style structure where the eps are mostly self contained but usually had season/series wide story arcs in them.

Anyone here play Star Trek: Online?

Great for Trekkies. Free to play too. Not too grindy if you just want to do the story arcs.

They're about to introduce the ability to get your in game kit bashed ships 3D printed.

• Like 1

As I would consider myself a huge trekkie... I'm sorry to say, I do not like ST:D ... :D

Stopped watching after episode 5 (There's no swearing in my Trek!!!).Too much of the glitzy silliness of the awful JJ trek, and rewriting of lore that's already well established. The reason there has been nothing beyond the timelines of the ST:DS9 and ST:VOY shows are because the new guys in charge are not Star Trek fans themselves... and this is on purpose because they - CBS - want to make the show appealing to a wider viewer audience and will bastardize it any way they see fit to do that, I understand that from a money making point of view... but it pains me to see.

Just my opinion...

• Like 1