Chaos.Lady

"As official as it gets" Atomic Meet - 17 years young! Date-3 Feb 18

So.... Atomic Issue 1 was first released into the wild in February 2001 (according to the always factual wikipedia). This means that in a few months, atomic will celebrate its 17th birthday. Now, 17 is an important number. It's our last year of childhood before the whole "adulting" thing falls upon our heads. It's our last year of the freedoms accorded a teen. It's also a great excuse for a party.

After some discussion (including a little batting of the eyelashes) with a number of our glorious editors (may they live long and engender many sons), I can now reveal the next "official" atomic meet (planning almost complete).

So here, now is your "Save The Date" for 6.30pm Saturday, 3rd February 2018. It will be held Upstairs @ The Albion Place Hotel, Taito House 531 George St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000. Tickets are $30 which will include a drink on arrival, some nibbly stuffz to munch and birthday cake! It will be a chance for you to reunite with faces not seen for many moons. It will be epic.

So, tell your friends, tell your neighbors, tell those who have deserted these realms for the book of face. Get them here and showing their interest.

Tickets can be purchased through my paypal link (https://www.paypal.me/chaoslady). Pants will be mandatory, however location of said pants is negotiable.

If you have ideas/suggestions/comments/issues/personal problems message me and I'll listen. Post to let me know you want to attend and I'll add you to a list.

Lets make it happen people.

https://www.facebook.com/events/179953005901387/ - this is the book of face link to the event for those socially mediaified.

UPDATE: Apparently atomicans are in the grip of wedding fever on that date, so I'm considering a change of date to Saturday 3rd February 2018. Please post thoughts...

UPDATED: FEB 3RD seems to be a go! Please note changed date!

UPDATE: Venue is locked in for Upstairs @ The Albion Place Hotel, Taito House 531 George St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000. Time will be commencing at 6.30pm. Pants are still mandatory except for women 'cause... uhhhhh actually I'll leave that alone...

Current Attendees:

Battlefield_GIR

Kothos

CokeMan

Kent Dempsey

Jarod Saunders

Smithjoe1

dsagill

hectorbustnuts

Lachlan Newport

Ben Mansill

mykl_c

Opy

fredzfrog

Sacrifical Newt

Praetorian

spyx

Edited by Chaos.Lady
  • Like 1

Are you going to be there, Chayos? In that case I think I'll suddenly be busy that weekend!

• Like 1

Yeah, right you are then, I shall be there. Like a big old high school reunion this is. This has great potential to be cool. Not necessarily huge, but just really nice to have a get together and see what people have been doing.

Magnificent as always, Chaos.

Intriguing! Colour me interested. But I can't commit to it until we have confirmed attendence slightly better than just the four of us.

• Like 1

Welllll if the "Pro.Tart" is not gonna be there it could be a date :P~~

... but seriously I doubt it. Even thought it's February and usually a horrible time for business, I'll be working ....

17years running is worth the celebration and kudos for still being a 'thing' in this fickle world of chucking out the slightly worn in favour of the boring new.

I will raise a glass and post something colourful from up here

Are you going to be there, Chayos? In that case I think I'll suddenly be busy that weekend!

'Sif I'd wanna go to any meet you were at. Last time we got together you made me eat spicy dumplings. :D

• Like 1

Only one way to find out!

So if I drag Husband and Miss 2 down to Sydney, I can totally just skip out for the night and go to an Atomic meet, right? That's totally cool :-D

• Like 3

Bring the hubby IMO - two is old enough to be locked up in the mod cave and given control for a night, surely?

• Like 1

Bring the hubby IMO - two is old enough to be locked up in the mod cave and given control for a night, surely?

The mod cave is already full of 2 year olds...

• Like 1

Apparently atomicans are in the grip of wedding fever on that day so I'm considering a change of date to Saturday 3rd February 2018.

Thoughts?

Waaaaaait a second, Pocket (husband) said he's interested, so it's not completely unlikely :-p

I'm not surprised.

I met him at least once.

Drives a Lotus and doesn't afraid of anything.

Also has a pretty rad first name >.>

• Like 1

Apparently atomicans are in the grip of wedding fever on that day so I'm considering a change of date to Saturday 3rd February 2018.

Thoughts?

Yeah I can handle this.

• Like 1

Thoughts?

Havent booked tickets yet so yah.

I'm ok with a date change. I'm not ok with you using the mod cave as a larder for your 2 yr old snacks.

Intriguing! Colour me interested. But I can't commit to it until we have confirmed attendence slightly better than just the four of us.

There were 11 of us IIRC.

• Like 1

There were 11 of us IIRC.

Good memory! I was refering to this thread at the time I replied, though. ;)

Just signed for a $9000 expense - as cool as it will be to see everyone again, esp. from here, is a cost I need to justify.