Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
Chaos.Lady

"As official as it gets" Atomic Meet - 17 years young! Date-3 Feb 18

There were 11 of us IIRC.

C'mon, there were more than 11 of us in IRC at the time.

Ahh the good old days, 100+ in channel and the convo moving so fast you lost track three quarters of the time.

Well, the confirmations here are equal to the last Meet (assuming I can count, which is questionable atm), at 11 attendees. Not a bad effort for a 'school reunion' sort of event. ;)

That's pretty much just 11 people that can be bothered to log into here, at this point.

... You think there's a chance that people will be bothered to travel when they can't be bothered to log in?

Dammit! I've just realised I'm going to see Dan Sultan that night with my sister (for her birthday)! So I'm basically out...

Oh well, at least I will keep my clean sheet for actually making it to events

m5YMOJs.jpg

Plenty of traction on the FB events page.

Was the last meet organised solely through these here forums? That would explain the poo turnout.

I personally really don't like visiting these forums...a hollow spectre, and grim reminder of what once was, sadly.

Edited by hectorbustnuts

... You think there's a chance that people will be bothered to travel when they can't be bothered to log in?

No guarantees that anyone committing/maybeing on facespace will actually attend, but yeah. There are people who won't even try the 'shit I forgot my password' link, or reach out to try and contact a mod to reset email addresses/passwords, but there are also a bunch of people who see each other elsewhere-online and face to face regularly enough who might go for shits and giggles, but wouldn't necessarily be arsed to log in here.

Like that Hector cunt!

• Like 1

[fb:13 of 42]

Was the last meet organised solely through these here forums? That would explain the poo turnout.

Any idea what the overlap is on that 13 and this 11+ (need sleep - lost count) ?

Couldn't say if it was solely advertised here - I'm not and wasn't party to that; it would seem passing strange if it were. IIRC, though, the notifcation period was fairly short - at least in comparison to Meet X.

No guarantees that anyone committing/maybeing on facespace will actually attend, but yeah. There are people who won't even try the 'shit I forgot my password' link, or reach out to try and contact a mod to reset email addresses/passwords, but there are also a bunch of people who see each other elsewhere-online and face to face regularly enough who might go for shits and giggles, but wouldn't necessarily be arsed to log in here.

Like that Hector cunt!

Hey, he's here now, ain't he? ;p

Anyway, yeah, point taken. I'd forgotten about the fb contingent.

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I'm currently in the throes of moving house.

I will have an update for you over the next 2 weeks however. Promise!

That's pretty much just 11 people that can be bothered to log into here, at this point.

I logged in JUST FOR YOU CYBES :P

I am expressing interest in the meet but I don't know if I can make it as yet, as Juggs and I may be overseas. It would be great to see you all again! I am literally going down memory lane right now, I have just found my backed up hard drives circa 2004-2006 and the things I am finding, and remembering, are priceless <3

ALSO!!! Elvenwhore, you are a mumma now!! That's wonderful, congrats babe :D

EDIT:

Re feeling old - I just saw my tagline below which has not been updated in fricking years - are you kidding me I won the nekked comp 10 years ago.

TEN!!!!

A DECADE!!!!! FKNWUT!!!!?!?!??!

/dies

Edited by CheekyChops
  • Like 1

I logged in JUST FOR YOU CYBES :P

This odd folding motion is a bow. It's a hard manoeuvre to pull off whilst sitting down. ;)

... just found my backed up hard drives ... are you kidding me I won the nekked comp 10 years ago.

TEN!!!!

I know, hard to fathom isn't it? I still have CDs and DVDs burned with entries for the last comp. (Stop looking at me like that! I was helping curate it, and the files got swept up in the timed backups.)

I've offishully booked holidays for that weekend and am just waiting on a venue or choice of venues to book accommodation. Worst comes to worst we can just go sit in the beer garden of the Taphouse.

SO...

Been doing some digging around on venues. I've found a few in the CBD where we can get packages with foods and/or drinks etc for something in the $30-60 per head range. I'm also looking at a speshul event slightly prior to the meet (a pre meet gamez event) for some team on team funs. That will run us to $10-$15 per head if we decide to make it happenz.

Otherwise, I can just find a pub and do something far less organised.

Sooooooooo... I need some postage here as to which path I would be better travelling. Do people want to do paid ticket event (and then probably pub crawl afters in the good 'ol atomic spirit)? Are people interested in a fun and games prior to the drinkingz? Do we wanna just hit a pub like a hurricanrana and leave them decimated and shellshocked after blearily working out just what the hell an atomic shot actually IS?

Paid ticket is slightly better in some ways in that we have (reasonably) exact numbers up front and know better what we can do and how it can run however takes a bit more legwork to make happen (which I don't mind). Looser is a little more difficult in some ways as I have to plan for more eventualities but also kinda easier in some.

Whaddayas think?

I have a preference for one meaningful organised thing, and people doing their own thin before/afterwards. Partly laziness, partly it means I don't have to deal with lots of people in the leadup to dealing with lots of people.

EDIT:

Re feeling old - I just saw my tagline below which has not been updated in fricking years - are you kidding me I won the nekked comp 10 years ago.

TEN!!!!

/dies

Lol, was it you with the Mudkip hiding the goods?

Or with the Sword and well placed arm angles?

Damn it! Why don't I remember?!

I'm meant to be creepier than this! :P

SO...

Been doing some digging around on venues. I've found a few in the CBD where we can get packages with foods and/or drinks etc for something in the $30-60 per head range. I'm also looking at a speshul event slightly prior to the meet (a pre meet gamez event) for some team on team funs. That will run us to $10-$15 per head if we decide to make it happenz.

Otherwise, I can just find a pub and do something far less organised.

I'm voting Pub or "Lower Class" restaurant.

Also, just to ensure everyone meets and does the thing; I'm also voting for doing the meet\food, and then extra activities AFTER the meet.

"Pre Meets" are always just pre-existing friend groups, and it often means there's already a Clique going on by the time the group expands\meets up.

Edited by Master_Scythe

I'm voting Pub or "Lower Class" restaurant.

Works for me. Any higher than "Neat Casual" and I'll need notice. "Tie" and I'm not going. ;p

Also, just to ensure everyone meets and does the thing; I'm also voting for doing the meet\food, and then extra activities AFTER the meet.

"Pre Meets" are always just pre-existing friend groups, and it often means there's already a Clique going on by the time the group expands\meets up.

By that I take it you mean "next day" - because the previous ones I've seen tended not to have a whole lot of "after" where people are still willing to be sociable. And we're all older now - Grampa Cybes needs his sleeps.

• Like 1

My vote, less organised.

All we really need is someplace where the beverages flow freely and somewhere to sit/stand around drinking said beverages long into the night.

Availability of bowls of wedges a bonus.