Chaos.Lady

"As official as it gets" Atomic Meet - 17 years young! Date-3 Feb 18

Alright youngun's, gather round. In the before times, Atomicans came from all kinds of different places in their lives and interests, gathered around the Atomic flame. Magic happened. That magic still binds some of us together even now in the OMGISTHATTHETIME!? Sometimes we would have a gathering, to share space and brews in the reelworld. Some folks would come from faraway, others from downthestreet. Some would arrive the day before, to share special time with special friends. Others would arise early on THE DAY and meet in smaller mobs to do geek in their own peciliar ways. Most would just hope there would be somewhere to sit when they got to the watering hole we'd fooled into giving us access for the night.

Why don't we see if we can bring back something of that spirit, and that magic?

Why don't we see if we can bring back something of that spirit, and that magic?

"Spirit " being the operative word. Better to see what the present can give... all the old folk are well, old . As Cybes already alluded too

• Like 1

My vote, less organised.

All we really need is someplace where the beverages flow freely and somewhere to sit/stand around drinking said beverages long into the night.

Availability of bowls of wedges a bonus.

As someone who doesn't drink, I'd request there to be the option for something like Fish, with those Wedges.

Because, well, nom.

Well fed atomicans are happy Atomicans, or so the Brisbane meets used to teach.

My vote, less organised.

All we really need is someplace where the beverages flow freely and somewhere to sit/stand around drinking said beverages long into the night.

Availability of bowls of wedges a bonus.

As someone who doesn't drink, I'd request there to be the option for something like Fish, with those Wedges.

Because, well, nom.

Wait...you din't drink? Like *at all*? Do you eat, like, shit-tonnes of lettuce? Because how are you alive?

BrisAtomic AFK catch-ups...

BrisAtomic BBQs...

BrisAtomic Zombie Walks...

I see what you mean thar :-)

Soooooo. Megaquick update.

Venue found and negotiations progressing. BUT. I really kinda need to lock in at least vague numbers for some of it due to trying to work out how much space approximately we will need (venues kinda like this info). So this is gonna be a ticketed event.

Ticket price will be $30. This will get you a spot at the festivities, a drink (wine or beer) on arrival, some scooby snacks (sliders/mini kebabs or something of that nature) and a piece of atomic birthday cake as well as the undying love of the community.

Walk-ins and last minute arrivals can be catered for if required, however this will help me organise stuff.

Venue details are to be released very shortly, but for those with the slightest bit of google-fu, start checking out public transport options to the Three Wise Monkeys in the CBD.

I have setup a paypal.me account, but will need people to email me details so I can match up payments and email tickets. Links and confirmed stuff to follow very shortly.

Complaints can be made to anyone who will listen.

• Like 1

*taps mic*

This thing still work?

BrisAtomic AFK catch-ups...

BrisAtomic BBQs...

BrisAtomic Zombie Walks...

I see what you mean thar :-)

The good old days :3

I really kinda need to lock in at least vague numbers...

I would like to, but I'm unsure if I actually can ATM. I know I don't have long to make a decision, but it's not all up to me. I'll keep you posted.

Don't worry if you can't lock in now and need more time. As long as I've got serious numbers by Jan or you let me know what's going on, I'm hoping to sort out final stuff much closer to the date.

If i get the bulk of peoples getting a ticket by New Years, I can sort out the final stuff later easily. It really helps me out to know basically what I'm working with. It also means we get the best deal i can manage for the price. :)

I really kinda need to lock in at least vague numbers...

I would like to, but I'm unsure if I actually can ATM. I know I don't have long to make a decision, but it's not all up to me. I'll keep you posted.

Reposting SacrificialNewt's post from the book of face 'cause her words pretty... :)

The venue has been chosen. We will be bringing the Atomic cheer to the 3 Wise Monkeys in George St Sydney (https://www.3wisemonkeys.com.au/). In order to pin down the venue, and get an idea of numbers so we can choose the size of the room required, a cover charge of $30 per head is needed. For this you will receive beer or wine on arrival, a couple of appetisers (I hear that sliders are on the menu), and a slice of the 17th Atomic birthday cake. Delicious! I'm figuring that isn't too steep, but do let us know if you are in dire financial straits.
Please make payment to the following link https://www.paypal.me/chaoslady
Please then send an email to chaoslady@gmail.com stating the name you used for PayPal, your Atomic handle, and the email address you would like your e-ticket to be sent.
The e-ticket must be (preferably printed and) brought with you to the venue.
Hopefully LOTS of you can make it. It's been a while since we had a big get together. This is going to be awesome!
Edited by Chaos.Lady
  • Like 1

We have now had a few people paying for tickets and I'm currently getting organised to get tickets done up for sending. My supremely second-rate graphic design skillz will be tested and found wanting I have no doubt. :P

I was hoping to get the ticket done last weekend, however stooooopid Christmas shopping trips and other crap got in the way. I'll try and get it done for send out next week for those who have paid and sent me deets.

Don't forget to shoot me a quick email after making your payment so I can match up my magic spreadsheet!

Also cake is being organised as we speak. Because... cake! :)

Are you going to be there, Chayos? In that case I think I'll suddenly be busy that weekend!

'Sif I'd wanna go to any meet you were at. Last time we got together you made me eat spicy dumplings. :D

I'm pretty sure that's a euphemism... *checks*... yep, euphemism.

I'll be there. But my spicy dumplings are off limits!

Venue change happening!

Due to events partly beyond my control - it looks like venue will be changing in the next 24 hours. Sitll on George St and only a short stagger from the first venue is the current choice. Still sorting out details. Should know soon.

If you haven't got your ticket yet please get on that! Or at least let me know of your intention to join in the fun!

OK!

Venue is now Upstairs @ The Albion Place Hotel, Taito House 531 George St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000

Drinks be cheaper than previous venue and smoking room is available for those who partake. Anyone needing disabled access please let me know so the venue can arrange.

Paarrrrttttayyyyyyyy!

• Like 1

OK!

Venue is now Upstairs @ The Albion Place Hotel, Taito House 531 George St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000

Drinks be cheaper than previous venue and smoking room is available for those who partake. Anyone needing disabled access please let me know so the venue can arrange.

Paarrrrttttayyyyyyyy!

Nice venue!

(I still can't make it though)

Still intending to come with a 80% likelyhood.

Just getting the OK from work is a push, but I'll get there, I have alot of time off saved.

Officially has tickets for venue, flights and accommodation + time off.

Barring total Atomic Annihilation will be there with best hat* on.

*Fite me Fredz

• Like 2

Tickets should be all sent out. If you haven't got yours yet, you probably either arn't coming or haven't paid and sent deets.

I've also started all the other stuff for stuff. Finally. Running late, but will happen on time. I hope.

It's HAPPENING!

I'm sorry to say I'm in the "missing it" camp. A number of small/moderate factors added up to a too-large one. :(

Take pics!

On a side note, is anyone else feeling old now??

17 years young!

Sheesh.

Yup, very much so.