Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
Chaos.Lady

"As official as it gets" Atomic Meet - 17 years young! Date-3 Feb 18

I wont be there because I've just started a new job and wouldn't have had the time off.

Have a great night you crazy bastards.

• Like 1

Anyone have a couch, or recommendations for a hotel?

I dont mind it being a backpackers, so long as it has a lockable sleeping area; I'll share a shower and toilet.

Last time I stayed at City Lodge, which was neat, but at $130 a night, it makes for an exxy weekend.

I wont be there because I've just started a new job and wouldn't have had the time off.

You got a new job AND it works weekends?

You poor poor bastard.

You got a new job AND it works weekends?

You poor poor bastard.

Mhm.

Also I'm practically broke from 6 months of unemployment containing a series of small catastrophes.

Timing just hasn't been good.

Just looking at flights now. Should have everything booked, paid for and organised by the end of today.

We're 99% installed... barring bad luck, I. Am. In :-)

edit: sorry for missing the chatter, I haven't had much Internet access to speak of for about a month :-/

Edited by elvenwhore
  • Like 1

OK, flights booked.

Hotel booked (OUCH! But staying less than 5 minutes from the Opera House)

Considering I'm confirmed for travel and accom, Can I pay on the day for the Atomic doodad Chaos??

Yeah, we thought ouch too. Was even tempted not to book any accom at all and just do that back-to-the-airport, up-all-night thing. Then we remembered we're not 22 anymore, so no :-D

We're AirBnB'ing some random's spare bedroom for a few hours, just a couple of blocks away from the venue. We just need somewhere to sleep for a few hours and store our stuff :-D

And oh yeah, we're fully installed, completely confirmed, all that jazz. All up, I think we'll be in Sydney for barely 24 hours. My fastest trip anywhere :-)

Yeah, we thought ouch too. Was even tempted not to book any accom at all and just do that back-to-the-airport, up-all-night thing. Then we remembered we're not 22 anymore, so no :-D

We're AirBnB'ing some random's spare bedroom for a few hours, just a couple of blocks away from the venue. We just need somewhere to sleep for a few hours and store our stuff :-D

And oh yeah, we're fully installed, completely confirmed, all that jazz. All up, I think we'll be in Sydney for barely 24 hours. My fastest trip anywhere :-)

If I had of booked sooner, I'd have had it cheaper.

In future, I can highly, beyond anything, recommend the 'City Lodge'.

It sounds like a backpackers, and when I first stayed there, I fully expected it to be.

Turns out, it's an exceptionally tiny-roomed hotel.

You don't even share a Bathroom, every room has their own.

Windows are all sound proofed, and you even get normal maid service for the room.

It's on Hunter Street, like 2~3 blocks away from the Bridge\OperaHouse\Rocks.

$120 a night normally.

However cheap rooms all booked out for this event.

Also, last time I was in Sydney, I ate at "The Oldest Pub in the Rocks" where they did a WICKED kangaroo burger. 10/10 will be visiting again.

Edited by Master_Scythe

So.

Turns out the walk from the airport to circular quay is.... Longer than it looks.

I made it! And im still happy i did it, fuck their $20 airport train 'gate fee' plus ticket fee.

Ill be getting the train back to Mascot and walking from there on my way back.

Bourke st is like lgbti central, so many rainbow flags and pride signs.

Hyde park i think it was, is nice.

Its kinda neat in a retro way to see so many 'telecom' not telstra symbols.

All up, between sight seeing and my walk from the airport with a few detours im pretty sure i just clicked over 20kms.

Ow. My legs :p

But its been fun.

Lonely.

But fun.

I saw a literal 'microsoft' store today, but it was closed, so im going to check that out tomorrow.

Is lunar park or whatever its called worth a visit on your own?

Been a big day :)

Edit;

oh, i do not have a way to print my invite. So you'll just have to trust its me :p

Edited by Master_Scythe

Had to bail early and unannounced. I was on call for the sister in law popping out a kid. Ill be Uncle Noddy again soon!!

• Like 3

Good to say hi to everyone I could, sorry to the people I missed. Extra props to Chayos for a smoothly run event

Edited by Nich...
  • Like 2

Yeah +1 to that.

I dont know if i've ever had so much fun in such a short time.

Normally i'd be out of a meetup in 5 minutes thanks to excessive drinking making everyone horrid.

Not the At0micans though. We just got louder and happier and intelligent conversations continued :)

So good.

Totally coming back down for the next one :)

A+ for a great run night, and for no one being a douche.... And for awesome cake.

Ty to all, and anyone who got an oldschool mpc sticker, dibs if you wanna sell it :)

Chaos, you did awesome.

Thanks everyone for attending. It was great to see some people I haven't seen in ages, and interest I haven't seen before!

You make no sense. Calm down. You're hysterical.

Beer will fix it.

I was expecting to have a good night. That far exceeded my expectations. Thank you everybody for being a cool person to hang out with.

Very well done Chaos.

• Like 1

And there was cake

Atomic checkered cake

Atomic17th01.jpg

Atomic17th02.jpg

Atomic17th04.jpg

Atomic17th05.jpg

Atomic17th06.jpg

If your name was not on the canvas at the time of the photo, you were either late to the party or you're a Ben.

• Like 2