Master_Scythe

Phones (not mobile) in cars

A lot of the cops in this country tend to be idiots and most of them wind up on highway patrol.

I've been pulled over for the stupidest things but fortunately I have a number of good, sensible cop mates who intercede on my behalf - I've had a number of them fired as a result - they should probably never have been hired in the first place.

Many years back I ran a driving school in S.A. back when the cops conducted the driving tests, we had one officer who just never passed anybody. Eventually I'd had enough of it and invited him out back for a "chat". He didn't like that much and tried going violent on me.

Not a good idea around someone who is ex-Special Forces - I didn't hurt him much but he didn't hurt me at all - he never took another test ever again, left the force a few weeks later and not really to my surprise was killed in a car crash, single vehicle, put down to excess speed on a notorious piece of road.

Wankers - you get them in every profession...

Cheers

A lot of the cops people in this country tend to be idiots...

FTFY. Cops are just a subset of the whole, and the whole is pretty damned average. Funny that.

Now, if you'd said "assholes" (or "officious powertrippers" if you want to be slightly less offensive), I'd have left "cops" in place. For all the good guys who join to help the world be a better place, there's more who join to (or get very comfortable with) being in a position of authority.

• Like 1

A 'chat'.

YESSS... you never found the need to have one of those ?

Cheers

Just trying to get my head around the euphemisms - you had a 'chat', but he 'got violent'?

A lot of the cops in this country tend to be idiots and most of them wind up on highway patrol.

I've been pulled over for the stupidest things but fortunately I have a number of good, sensible cop mates who intercede on my behalf - I've had a number of them fired as a result - they should probably never have been hired in the first place.

Many years back I ran a driving school in S.A. back when the cops conducted the driving tests, we had one officer who just never passed anybody. Eventually I'd had enough of it and invited him out back for a "chat". He didn't like that much and tried going violent on me.

Not a good idea around someone who is ex-Special Forces - I didn't hurt him much but he didn't hurt me at all - he never took another test ever again, left the force a few weeks later and not really to my surprise was killed in a car crash, single vehicle, put down to excess speed on a notorious piece of road.

Cheers

I get the impression a lot of cops are people who the army reject because they are mentally unstable.

Edited by Jeruselem

Cheers

I get the impression a lot of cops are people who the army reject because they are mentally unstable.

Hmm,

That may well be true, although I know a number of military nutters as well.

Yes Nich, I just wanted to for want of another way of putting it put him in his box - it was many years ago and I was much fitter then but when he started to pull his baton I guess I gave him the fright of his life by just taking it off him and tossing it away and then asking what next ?

I think he thought about his gun for a second or so, I could have taken that off him as well, but then I think he recalled I was president of the local pistol club which we had kicked him out of a year or so before because he was plain dangerous. He backed off and never came near me again.

I'm actually a very nice person but idiots in uniform trying to exert authority - gets me annoyed...

Cheers

Other way around, methinx.

In the modern day, a police job is a career and they expect a half decent education before you get in, the army not so much, pretty sure Year 9 will about get you there.

Psych stuff... in a sense the army wants a controllable killing machine, not so much with the cops.