Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
chrisg

Gmail Issue

The same way you've customised firefox for a while now: menu, customise, do your thing, done ;)

:)

Y'know I have not use FF THAT much, never noticed the Customise button, thank's for that Nich :) All fixed :)

I use a trackball MS, lots of advantages in my view, especially in terms of avoiding carpal tunnel but I'm not a Motie so I don't have a third hand to use after the ball and the keyboard so it means more of a juggle than I can be bothered with, the cursor is my go-to for most screen actions. :)

Cheers

The same way you've customised firefox for a while now: menu, customise, do your thing, done ;)

Y'know I have not use FF THAT much, never noticed the Customise button, thank's for that Nich :) All fixed :)

I use a trackball MS, lots of advantages in my view, especially in terms of avoiding carpal tunnel but I'm not a Motie so I don't have a third hand to use after the ball and the keyboard so it means more of a juggle than I can be bothered with, the cursor is my go-to for most screen actions. :)

Cheers

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/foxy-gestures/

Well, it broke again, on Chrome this time...

Driving me crazy, just gave them a blast but doubt it will make much difference, 3 to 5 days is all they promise...

Cheers

They've got me buggered. I think their employment policy is that they go around the world plucking out the village idiots.

Recent issue I reported to them and they pissed around for 2 months before acting was that the Murrumbidgee River just disappeared completely upstream from Burrinjuck Dam - in other words, half of our 3rd longest river just ceased to exist.

And it seems they've clusterfucked some of the YouTube suggestion and notification algorithms, and it's hurting a lot of decent channels.

They've got me buggered. I think their employment policy is that they go around the world plucking out the village idiots.

Recent issue I reported to them and they pissed around for 2 months before acting was that the Murrumbidgee River just disappeared completely upstream from Burrinjuck Dam - in other words, half of our 3rd longest river just ceased to exist.

And it seems they've clusterfucked some of the YouTube suggestion and notification algorithms, and it's hurting a lot of decent channels.

I do begin to wonder Ry.

I was there for a day in Mountain View a few years back now and they were pretty competent but two programmers confided in me that having made a lot of money it was getting time to go, I doubt they were the only ones...

That implies a new generation of script kiddies and those wet behind the ears types always want to piss in the soup...

Cheers

Barely passable for reading them. Torture if you want to send mail or perform management on it.

Don't some standalone email clients support gmail these days?

Outlook has supported gmail in a pretty long time. For someone with so many email accounts I'm surprised you don't use it.

So many email accounts? WTF? I've got 2.

The 'you' in there was referring to chrisg, who I assume has a million from all industries he's been in and still works in.

No, I don't actually,I have four, companies I have worked for and ones I've contracted to turn them off when I'm finished, I actually insist on that.

Of those one is government facing so can't use that for personal mail, one is my ISP account that I've never really used, one is Hotmail and one is Gmail.

Ordinarily Gmail is my mail of choice and everyone who needs it has that address.

I suspect we or at least I, am in some "perfect storm" of too many upgrades at the same time, the latest MS one was pretty huge, the Google one was not small and Hotmail has been changing a lot whilst I've not been using it - can't say I like the new interface much but at least it works.

Programmers justifying their existence - there's an old saying, "if it is working fine don't fuck with it." They do not seem to understand that :)

Cheers