Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
TheManFromPOST

My leg and the last 2 months

half an hour after my lunch today .... yep, ^^^ that's what I thought  !

5 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

You see a leg like that ........................and you're tempted to get the smoker out!

Hey, this bit I'm keeping

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TheManFromPOST said:

Hey, this bit I'm keeping

I've still got my eye on it...............

I hate medical 'professionals '

you talk to one and it 'you are healling well, time to move o to the next stage'

Talk to some one a week later and 'you are not healling, next stage is months away'

A month ago i was ready to get fitted for a prostetic leg, now i am being told that they wont start until it is 100% healed and there is no swelling

I feel the goal posts are constantly being moved away from me

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, TheManFromPOST said:

I hate medical 'professionals '

you talk to one and it 'you are healling well, time to move o to the next stage'

Talk to some one a week later and 'you are not healling, next stage is months away'

A month ago i was ready to get fitted for a prostetic leg, now i am being told that they wont start until it is 100% healed and there is no swelling

I feel the goal posts are constantly being moved away from me

That's pretty shitty. Is it the same person telling you the 2 different stories about how your progress is going or is it a case of 2 people disagreeing on what is being said?

Sucks for sure... recovery roadmaps are often best case bullshit.

How ever it goes it's gonna be trying. you know this TMFP. You also know that you will deal with it.

you shouldn't be hatin' on them for rolling with the punches

there's no way to fit a workable prosthesis till the leg has settled into its final form, and that means the healing needs to be adequate, which means no swelling and no broken areas

if they fit the stump when it's "bigger", the prosthesis will be loose when it's made, and it will rub on the stump, potentially causing ulcers, and you know how that goes

if you like the bits you've got left, you need to respect the need to move cautiously

we don't call you patient for nothing

With  my  right  leg getting the chop, i also lost my licence to drive

Today i took the first steps in getting my licence back. A small knowlege test, a strength test, and a cognitive test.

Passed easily

Next week, actual driving test!!

Still waiting on a leg though

• Like 3

🙂

A driving licence is not as easy as it was.

Can't imagine you would have any problem though 🙂

Cheers

Posted (edited)

good one 🙂which leg do you need right or left ?  ... not that I have a spare, just wondering wrt to driving 😉

Edited by eveln
cos I read his post again properly :P
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chrisg said:

Can't imagine you would have any problem though 🙂

unless it's a manual car

thanks for the update on your welfare; hope you're getting there even though it's been a slow journey

• Like 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

🙂

Well, there's always  crash boxing 🙂

Cheers

45 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

unless it's a manual car

thanks for the update on your welfare; hope you're getting there even though it's been a slow journey

Yeah, no manual cars for me

I figure with the media hysteria about corona virus, a bit of positive news is something that needs to be shared

😉

So all you have to do is learn to drive with your left foot ? Should not be too hard 🙂

Cheers

I expect it will be simiar to the last time i did drive a manual (rental van), only took 3 blocks before i stopped stalling it 😄

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TheManFromPOST said:

I figure with the media hysteria about corona virus, a bit of positive news is something that needs to be shared

for sure .

In theory you could get a mod where the accelerator is put on the left though how necessary?  Or even a stalk on the steering column for throttle.

What I've found when doing left foot braking is it's real hard to do it in fine increments though in general usage you only really do it in an auto when doing precise reversing or 3-point turns.

15 minutes ago, Rybags said:

In theory you could get a mod where the accelerator is put on the left though how necessary?  Or even a stalk on the steering column for throttle.

What I've found when doing left foot braking is it's real hard to do it in fine increments though in general usage you only really do it in an auto when doing precise reversing or 3-point turns.

Yup, you can buy them on eBay 

The car remains the same, an adapter is installed so i can operate the accelerator with my left foot

I don't think I'd like to try driving a manual with my left foot, but using the otherwise dead leg in an automatic for braking is something you get used to pretty quickly. You also unlearn it pretty fast when you shift back to a manual 🙂

I had an auto for ten years, I sort of miss the car but I really enjoy driving my manual 307.

Cheers

indeed

don't even think about adding to your woes

i'm not that keen on work, but doctors are known for their somewhat optimistic outlook in times of contagion (like, every winter)

I wont complain about being isolated for the last 4 months as long as others dont complain about being isolated for a few weeks

• Like 2

Been isolated since 1995 bar a few days here and there. I'm an urban hermit, though - I'm not complaining.