Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
TheManFromPOST

My leg and the last 2 months

I've just finished my dinner which was pretty tasty ... Lentil noodles with a tomato base sauce with kidney beans some mix froz veg and eggs poached on top of it . We didn't shop yet so it was Walt doing his magic with what we had handy.

Am wondering TMFP if you have someone being a food-nazi mage on your case :P. Sorta hope you do really ... except it still has to be tasty food which is more than possible ... trust me <<<< but I bet you don't ;)

Edited by eveln

:)

He sort of runs a bake-shop, I think I went there once, but long before I knew of him on here but reasonable chance someone is looking after his food needs from the shop - I hope so anyway :)

Cheers

He sort of runs a bake-shop, I think I went there once, but long before I knew of him on here but reasonable chance someone is looking after his food needs from the shop - I hope so anyway :)

Cheers

It's common-bloody-knowledge he owns and runs a bakery in Ballarat ( and his fav-hobby is pinball machines ) :\ how could you think we, or I did not know that ? ... sheeesh !

I would like for him to be eating for his health and well being particularly at this time .

Cheers

It's common-bloody-knowledge he owns and runs a bakery in Ballarat ( and his fav-hobby is pinball machines ) :\ how could you think we, or I did not know that ? ... sheeesh !

I would like for him to be eating for his health and well being particularly at this time .

Get out of the wrong side of the bed today Ev ? :)

Cheers

Is the shop back open again, TMFP?

It was

I had been open again for 3 months an was doing better than expected

now closed again for 3 weeks (minimum)

at least I had a good night sleep last night

the first two nights were spent in emergency (no sleeping there) as there were no beds avaliable

the next night did not get much sleep as I had to fast (in case a surgery spot opened up) , diabeties and fasting dont mix, so glucose drips and constant monotoring

then after surgery, vivid dreams and hallucinations are normal for me for two nights/days

so even with a drip in my arm and a vac-pump purring, I slept well last night

• Like 3

Cheers

Get out of the wrong side of the bed today Ev ? :)

Cheers

I got out on quite the right side of the bed as I always do. I don't understand how my waking arrangements are connected to this interaction.

at least I had a good night sleep last night

the first two nights were spent in emergency (no sleeping there) as there were no beds avaliable

the next night did not get much sleep as I had to fast (in case a surgery spot opened up) , diabeties and fasting dont mix, so glucose drips and constant monotoring

then after surgery, vivid dreams and hallucinations are normal for me for two nights/days

so even with a drip in my arm and a vac-pump purring, I slept well last night

crikey ! hope that's the most uncomfortable you have to be from here on in.

Edited by eveln

Got rid of the vacuum pump on my foot and the PICC line out of my arm

foot is still heavily bandage though

will be great to have a shower tonight

• Like 2

Drugs are weird

they had me on a drip for antibiotics, I looked up the side effects, fatigue . once they took me off the drip, my head cleared up

they now have me on another antibiotic tablet, one of the side effects is nausea. and I am feeling it. and will for the next 6 weeks

Not sure if it was the drugs or the situation, but I was getting very depressed. once they made the changes this week, now I am feeling a lot better

Walking is fine, seems big toes are not that important

• Like 1

Yeah, antibiotics can really knock you around, I've had some rather odd infections - too much time in Africa I suppose but sometimes the cure can be as bad as the disease.

I've thrown more than one packet of the stuff in the bin and had stern words to my doctor - unlike many I don't really regard the medical profession with much respect, more contempt really, (aside from our good Scruffy :) )

Cheers

• Like 1

I get the bowel irritation from the stronger antibiotics, part reason why I don't like being on any.

But I've found side-effects from most medication tend to lessen as you get used to them. Metformine was a bit crappy for the first few weeks, now I barely notice it.

I get the bowel irritation from the stronger antibiotics, part reason why I don't like being on any.

But I've found side-effects from most medication tend to lessen as you get used to them. Metformine was a bit crappy for the first few weeks, now I barely notice it.

Yeah,

I had sort of forgotten it but you reminded me, one of my daughters had one of those schoolyard falls, must have been well over a decade ago. I get a call, hey, it's my kid, I love her, I drop everything and go get her to ER. The light wounds were next to nothing, bandaids if anything but they decided to give her an antibiotic "just in case."

She did not react well to it, went into shock in minutes and I had to round up a doctor to get her a bed and treatment - STAT.

Two days later I was still sleeping by her bed as she recovered, it's what fathers do I guess, mine certainly did it for me more than once.

You know the hardest part? you cannot expose your concern, it just amplifies their own fears about themselves, so as hard as it can be you have to at least appear calm.

My dad once thought I really was going to die, crazy life I lead, but all he did was get me a beer and give me a hug but he never left the room until my breathing stabilised. That's a father, sadly years deceased, and I still miss him...

Cheers

My parents were away on holiday when this started

they are old and I did not want them rushing home

big mistake

I am still in trouble with my mum

I think I've been in trouble with my mother most of my life so you are far from alone :)

Cheers

Drugs are weird

they had me on a drip for antibiotics, I looked up the side effects, fatigue . once they took me off the drip, my head cleared up

they now have me on another antibiotic tablet, one of the side effects is nausea. and I am feeling it. and will for the next 6 weeks

Not sure if it was the drugs or the situation, but I was getting very depressed. once they made the changes this week, now I am feeling a lot better

Walking is fine, seems big toes are not that important

I know that on the few occasions I've been prescribed antibiotics, I've made it my business to eat yoghurt and or take acidophilus pills ... not sure it works in the same way for guys, but I shouldn't think it would hurt.

edit: must be nice to be getting mobile again.

My parents were away on holiday when this started

they are old and I did not want them rushing home

big mistake

I am still in trouble with my mum

Of course ...DUH! ... " no matter how old you are you just can't be left alone !! " ... hope you didn't show them those early pics dude

Edited by eveln
  • Like 1

I know that on the few occasions I've been prescribed antibiotics, I've made it my business to eat yoghurt and or take acidophilus pills ... not sure it works in the same way for guys, but I shouldn't think it would hurt.

Lactose intolerant :(

Great to be mobile, but I still cannot work

getting lots of cleaning done around the house

Of course ...DUH! ... " no matter how old you are you just can't be left alone !! " ... hope you didn't show them those early pics dude

my parents did see me (back in september) when I first got to hospital, so they did see my with the vac on my leg

mum likes to remind me that at that point (due to the poison in my system) I was whiter than the sheets

Lactose intolerant :(

Great to be mobile, but I still cannot work

getting lots of cleaning done around the house

well that's it for my input ;) I love my yoghurt these days, so am sorry you can't indulge ... still a clean house is a cheery place to be intolerant in :P <<< lol humour is a personal thing in' it ?!

Finally got back to work this week

hope I last longer than 3 months before the next thing goes wrong

Phantom pain is real

my missing toe sometimes hurts

what are you supposed to do? Take a pretend pill for pain that does no really exist?

:s

• Like 2

Good one TMFP :) glad you're on the go again. Just don't go phantomly stubbing your phantom toe please... sorry. As you can see I have nothing useful to impart ;)

Eveln, this whole thing just gets sillier and sillier

I now have to go to and geriatric hospital for more treatment

:(

Is it a more concentrated look at your requirements ? I mean, in the sense that you don't have to compete for time with every other imaginable issue of the day like a general hospital would be ?

Yeah. " geritaric" is an outdated term today; if you figure in the fact that most decades of ages are actually at least ten years younger than the actual life age of them ... try not to let it hinder your own recuperation ...

Two months ago I lost another toe, it had been hard and black, I was told it was OK, it will heal itself.
four days later it had gone gooey and black and had to be amputeted

Tuesday a third toe started looking bad, I had an appointment in hospital anyway
two doctors murmered and decided to pump me full of antibiotics and hopefully it would fix itself
but no beds available, so a night in ED
fun, in emergency they take blood pressure every hour, the lights are always on and it is busy most of the night, so no sleep

morning comes and my usual surgeon comes in, sticks a needle in
just a blood blister

I hate diabeties

• Sad 2