TheManFromPOST

My leg and the last 2 months

Now the pneumonia has passed, I guess you'll be back flying again in no time!

On 15/01/2019 at 12:43 AM, TheManFromPOST said:

but I did need to cut down my 80 hour week (think I found the real problem ? ), so only open 5 days a week now

Are you adjusting to having more spare time ok?

?

No, because I don't have any ?

Looking after mother is a full time job plus house and work hunting, keeping me busy  ?

Looking at a unit week after next and meeting with some long term friends who are pretty certain they have work coming up so all good ?

Cheers

44 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Now the pneumonia has passed, I guess you'll be back flying again in no time!

Are you adjusting to having more spare time ok?

it is weird having a two day weekend

• Like 1

?

Funny you should say that Nich, I grounded myself for a couple of months, although I don't fly anywhere near as much as I once did but have a couple of flights coming up. Easier to do here in S.A. than in W.A overall, aviation is very active in S.A.

Cheers

Damn, dude. You've been having a pretty shitty time...

Glad to see you're on the mend. All the best, mate

• Like 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

On 1/18/2019 at 6:42 AM, Kimmo said:

Damn, dude. You've been having a pretty shitty time...

Glad to see you're on the mend. All the best, mate

?

Thanks Kimmo, if that was for me and not TMFP, although he has had one hell of a time, yeah 2018 was one bastard of a ride.

Cheers

47 minutes ago, chrisg said:

?

Thanks Kimmo, if that was for me and not TMFP

Nah, I just skimmed the thread looking at his updates. But um, yeah, if that goes for you too, then sure. 

?

Pneumonia, lung clots, three spells in hospital, balance issue- not to the same degree as TMFP but it was not the nicest of years, apart from moving back to S.A.

Cheers

4 hours ago, chrisg said:

?

Pneumonia, lung clots, three spells in hospital, balance issue- not to the same degree as TMFP but it was not the nicest of years, apart from moving back to S.A.

Cheers

ohhh, you want to compare ?
since sept 2016, surgery 8 times, lost 5 toes, deep depression (which has gone now) one bad insulin injection

Also went for an eye test last week, there is a spot on a sensitive part of one eye that will almost insantly make me blind in that eye

and I am the healthy one in my family

Edited by TheManFromPOST

What concerns me is the unknown future
Necrotizing Fasciitis is too rare for any proper studies to have been done.
I had shit running around in my body for weeks before I sought treatment, I have no idea if or how much damage has been done

I have been told that it has shortened my life expectancy
and that sucks

• Sad 1

Ugh,

No TMFP, not comparing at all, I'm, apart from some breathlessness, which continues to improve, pretty much over my encounter with the medical pros, still walking with a stick, but not using it much, a few months back I had a walker to get anywhere, a couple of months before I was in a wheelchair.

Not complaining, I heal, just not quite as fast as I used to but you aren't going to grow back toes and I guess GTAV won't be walking again - for me it is just time - no comparison.

As Nich alluded to I've passed a flight med, getting back to normal.

Cheers

hey tmfp

don't fret on life expectancy my man; we're all alive until we die, and that's all you can expect

statistics don't tell an individual's use by date

i remember when i was having chemo and did something "unhealthy" according to my daughter, and she advised me that for every episode of that behaviour i would lose 5 minutes off my life according to some questionable reference

my memory is so dodgy these days i can't recall what it was - probably chocolate overload, or something equally agreeable

my best response was "the last 5 minutes of my life are likely going to be shit anyway, so i won't mind not having to go through that"

chin up !

being concerned about what will happen due to things that are in the past is wasting precious bodily fluids that could be spent enjoying being here while you are

i feel for your situation - i am pretty much permanently stuck indoors, as sunshine is like being exposed to green kryptonite for me since my illness, and thus flying little planes with the dog, or having a surf, are almost impossible - as neither are great night-time activities; they were my favourite distractions from the less enjoyable aspects of existence, but as basil fawlty said " that particular avenue of pleasure has been closed off"

best wishes from me

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

hey tmfp

don't fret on life expectancy my man; we're all alive until we die, and that's all you can expect

statistics don't tell an individual's use by date

best wishes from me

Thanks, but that was back in January. today I am happy

my health, both mental and physical, is all over the place. some days are good, some days are bad.

I will get though

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheManFromPOST said:

Thanks, but that was back in January. today I am happy

Good to know  <3

2 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

go you good thing 🙂

this sentiment times a billionty

12 hours ago, TheManFromPOST said:

Just for you @Kimmo

Fucken fabulous

@scruffy1 i tink i am already dead 😞

things that will shorten your lifespan; 

shift worker. check

left handed. check

diabetes.  check

necrotizing faciitis (still cannot spell it). check

so by my calculation , i have been dead for 5 years

What!?  How the fuck does being a lefty shorten my life time ? ... bloody hell as if the threat of an unremovable Shorten for the next three years was not life threatening enough 😞

2 hours ago, eveln said:

What!?  How the fuck does being a lefty shorten my life time ? ... bloody hell as if the threat of an unremovable Shorten for the next three years was not life threatening enough 😞

the world is designed for right handed people,  in a crisis situation they have a better chance of survival

also left handed people are aligned with the devil

• Like 1

🙂

Like most lefties I'm pretty ambidextrous and given the choice I'll take the devil over eternity playing a harp any time  🙂

Cheers

12 hours ago, TheManFromPOST said:

the world is designed for right handed people,  in a crisis situation they have a better chance of survival

also left handed people are aligned with the devil

So I read this ^^ earlier today, and, whilst I did crack a giggle, I have to say that I object a little to the idea of being aligned with the devil.

umm ... so there ! ;)

5 hours ago, eveln said:

So I read this ^^ earlier today, and, whilst I did crack a giggle, I have to say that I object a little to the idea of being aligned with the devil.

umm ... so there ! 😉

i am left handed and my birthdate is 6/6/66

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheManFromPOST said:
9 hours ago, eveln said:

umm ... so there ! 😉

i am left handed and my birthdate is 6/6/66

Really ? Truly ? ... but that's just wonderfully Wicked ! or, Wickedly Wonderful ! ... and obviously my  previous objections to being aligned with the devil are irrelevant :D