Sign in to follow this  
index680i

Is it just me?

I have not played any PC games due to the small variety these days, have you noticed the signs of the word boring? I have and I am really disappointed to say this becuase maybe next year ill be building/ or upgrading my PC so I can do some CG Graphics but also playing the occasional game when I get free time. Crysis is the only game I can think of that really is worth playing on the PC and there is an expansion but thats it? Is this all PC gaming has to bring us? What are your thoughts?

Not bored at all. Having a blast with Fallout 3, Farcry 2 was pretty good too. Looking forward to the next GTA on pc. Still play lots of my older games too.

Try doing something else with your time and come back to pc games later. Reading a book for example (something people don't seem to do enough of these days).

I find console games boring, tedious unlock filled wankfests. I think I'll go start a thread in console games stating just that knowing full the flames that are going to result.

Then I'll start a thread about how I'm going to buy a wii.

Then an xbox.

It's just you I'd say. For me at the moment there's too many great games, not enough time to play them! Damn social life.... >:(

Edited by tailgunner

I find console games boring, tedious unlock filled wankfests. I think I'll go start a thread in console games stating just that knowing full the flames that are going to result.

Then I'll start a thread about how I'm going to buy a wii.

Then an xbox.

Dont forget a wanky unwrapping video

Oh, and multiple youtube accounts so you can give yourself a thumbs up on the unwrapping :D

Edited by Khirareq

Left 4 Dead

Fallout 3

CoD5

Far Cry 2

NFS: Los Angeles

Tomb Raider: Underworld

Crysis is the only game I can think of that really is worth playing on the PC and there is an expansion but thats it

Clearly you need a helping hand in game taste.

And my thoughts are that you need to get a clue.

had fun being a good boy in fallout 3 :D the ending was epic because

**Spoiler**

managed to take down the enclave building when i found the code, didnt poiison humanity and sacrificed myself :D

Edited by B82R3S

Ahhhh hahahaha

Beautiful, I haven't been on atomic for some time and this is great, the same old characters are still here =D I love you guys

Crysis is the only game I can think of that really is worth playing on the PC and there is an expansion but thats it

Clearly you need a helping hand in game taste.

And my thoughts are that you need to get a clue.

LOL AGREED!!!

farcry 2 is a great fps. L4D is great co-op.

Fallout 3 a fantastic rpg.

diablo 3 is on its way, dawn of war 2,

empire total war, starcraft 2.

plenty to look forward to.

If you are really that depressed about the new games there are plenty of vintage games out there.

I recently had the luxury of plundering through a magnificent treasure chest of old games i forgot i had, I look at my shelf very often you see.

Some of the games listed below:

Half-Life (original, 2 is also good)

Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines (fun-ish)

Far cry

Halo

Max Payne

Enter the matrix (Buggy but worth a laugh)

Oblivion (oh the memories)

Splinter cell series

Sacred

Red Faction (I/II)

Fable

Unreal Tournament series

Unreal Series

Be creative Heaps of games you just have to be attentive and tbh gaming can suck if you dont have the right equipment and the right environment. So for the ultimate gaming experience:

- Hit the toilet to make sure long hours can be enjoyed

- Put on some good headphones or surround sound to immerse yourself

- Close the curtains to darken the room as to distract from the game

- Find a game you enjoy

- Bring water and food into room

- make sure your chair is comfy and you are in good position

- Maneuver sack into long term comfort position

- Game!

/approves of the noob flaming

index, have you even looked at the PC game section in any store? There's a metric buttload of new games *cough*buyredalert3*cough* that are all awesome, and definitely worth playing on PC.

Though this thread did bring the lulz.

*edit*

/giggles at second-last point above

Games these days do tend to be less good than they used to be. Mainly because EA games pumps out a new NFS or sporting game every week, and they're just pure shit.

But I'm loving Fallout 3, I've seen my mate play Far Cry 2, and it looks good. And GTA 4 comes out like next week or something, so I'll be getting that.

Yes index it is just you, pull your head out of the sand.

"Crysis is the only game I can think of that really is worth playing on the PC and there is an expansion but thats it"

Are you on drugs? Seriously, are you?

I know there are better games than Crysis I used it as a perfect example of how many new games lack the excitement and joy to new PC hardware. As for the other posts, I enjoy playing on both worlds so I can't really mis judge them both ;)

I know there are better games than Crysis I used it as a perfect example of how many new games lack the excitement and joy to new PC hardware. As for the other posts, I enjoy playing on both worlds so I can't really mis judge them both ;)

If that's the case then why did you say "Crysis is the only game I can think of that really is worth playing on the PC and there is an expansion but thats it"? Backpedal much?

Personally, there aren't that many games on console that appeal to me and the ones that do are usually on the pc anyway *hopes for LBP on pc*

I highly doubt Little Big Planet is comming to PC, its a PS3 only exclusive ;)

Look Im going to agree with index a bit here. just seems to me that there have been a few 'good' games around for a while but no 'great' games. Fallout 3 may be a great game but I have yet to play it. Everything else is a bit 'meh' at the moment. I mean the new cod? Far Cry 2? Red Alert 3? 'meh', 'meh' and 'meh'. boriing and 'average'. Ok yep they may provide a minor diversion for a bit. But after youve played hundreds of games I do want something special. But I am thinking Fallout 3 may be ok. And yes I am looking forward to Diablo 3.

But I guess it is at times like this when you can go back and play some great games you missed. Despite going through periods of 'meh' there are still and always will be some great PC titles out there worth playing.

I'd like to add, since most PC games coming out these days are also on consoles, are you saying console gaming/all gaming in general is boring?

*awaits yet another contradictory statement from index*

It's just you.

This. Spend less time wanking over Heavenly Sword and creating threads about you buying Paramount Studios and more time playing recent PC titles imo.