Sign in to follow this  
petertohen

FREEZE ISSUE....

Howdy all, My new amd build is only a couple months old and up till now everything has been running awesomely. Now out of nowhere im getting random freezes in games. I have run registry cleaners/scanned for viruses etc but hopeing theres a fix so I don't have to wipe the hdd etc and start fresh. I am using windows 8 64 bit. Please if you guys need anything else lemme know. Cheers!

Edited by Chaos.Lady
Removed external link

For anyone who's really having this issue; Windows 8 was known to be 'failed'.

A lot of tricks they used to speed up single user logins (for example, no traditional Profiles) resulted in a lot of oddball issues.

8.1 Did fix this, but I don't think they actually offered that for free.....

Now, Windows 7,8,8.1 keys can be used to install Windows 10, and after you run a pass of "O&O Shutup 10" over the top of it, it's a really great OS!

It's so stable, sometimes things like memory errors become hard to pinpoint because it just handles the bad data and re-requests the stream.

As a semi-recent linux convert, I still take my hat off to Windows10.

If they just implement a "I'm an IT pro" option to disable all the wizards, telemetry, and automation, it'd be the best OS in the world!

I'm somewhat dubious of why a new - as in couple of month old - PC build is running a 5 year old OS that has a free upgrade path to windows 10

• Like 2

Well my suggestion is a clean install of Win10 on a new drive and copy all your data back from the windows 8 drive (that way you don't accidently wipe your data)