Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
chrisg

a little "conversation" with a so- called watch service centre required...

Will your wife be flying with you,; or is she staying put in the refuge ? ... glad your watch is fixed. Shame to have a dead cl0ass'ic

What on earth happened to the last word you quoted me ?! ... that's not how I spelt classic in my original post. lol

...probably lost focus on the keyboard whilst casting covert admiring glances at his watch?... :)

• Like 1

No idea Ev - my flight has been put off until Saturday, so now I have to re-file flight plans.

Oh well, bill just went up, politics I suspect, ah well, that's contract flying, it often changes at short notice ;)

Gives me longer to get even better anyway :)

Never known a flight to affect my watch, and in a cabin pressurised to around10,000 feet it will not be bothered at all, neither will I :)

Cheers

No idea Ev -

Now, I'm assuming the above is in answer to the question I put to you that I've quoted below. If I'm correct then :

Your response is not worthy of someone with your expertise with computers and your time spent on at0mic. Also if you're not feeling the respect toward your fellow at0micans

then don't quote them at all.

This is the question and comment I put to you ...

" Will your wife be flying with you, or is she staying put in the refuge ? ... glad your watch is fixed. Shame to have a dead classic "

... not only did I not misspell, ( a pleasant change for me ) I did not include a semi-colon ... you know, this thingy, " ; " . I mean it's just too bloody easy to hit the " quote" box.

Everything is done for you.

Will your wife be flying with you,; or is she staying put in the refuge ? ... glad your watch is fixed. Shame to have a dead cl0ass'ic

What on earth happened to the last word you quoted me ?! ... that's not how I spelt classic in my original post. lol

... " No idea Ev " .

Well that ^^ has just dropped your level of story telling down to zero dude. What gets me is that you didn't even attempt a fairy tale you just claimed ignorance.

Not a cool story bro.

I've decide I won't assume I'm incorrect here :)

:) really not sure what you are talking about Ev...

Cheers

:) really not sure what you are talking about Ev...

Cheers

of course not.

Whatever happened to your book?

Also, I'm glad your cash flow issues cleared up, for a Rolex service to be worthwhile over a cheap and reliable digital.

Also, I'm glad your cash flow issues cleared up, for a Rolex service to be worthwhile over a cheap and reliable digital.

:0

Still working on it Nich, too much life in the way.

My cash flow is...ok, be better knext week when I get paid for this job :)

Cheers

IS THERE AN ECHO IN HERE?

"I SAID: YA GOT A PRETTY BIG PUSSY!!!"

Thanks, Egon.

LOL Rybags no need to shout, he can hear your three times already :D

looks like Nich is worthy of correct quoting in triplicate ... oh the honour :P

Egon? From Ghostbusters?

I thought that line was from Predator.

Egon? From Ghostbusters?

I thought that line was from Predator.

...Y'know, you could be right. It's been a While for either.

Pretty sure GB had "pencil-dick" and the insult came from Bill Murray's character.

Pretty sure GB had "pencil-dick" and the insult came from Bill Murray's character.

Total agreement on that one.

One of my friends works for Audemars Piguet in Japan. I'd never even heard of the brand til he told me about it. Watches that cost hundreds of thousands, repairs that cost tens of. Nutcases. I got sick of periodically paying three to four hundred to fix an Omega.

• Like 1

Mechanical watches are preferred because if you crash and the black box isn't retrievable, lost data or isn't installed they can refer to the watch to determine the time of impact.

Mechanical watches are preferred because if you crash and the black box isn't retrievable, lost data or isn't installed they can refer to the watch to determine the time of impact.

A bit macabre Ry but true, as a very long retired AIO I've seen some pretty horrifying watch remains but at least they do tell you when it happened.

Geez, I can't get a take-off spot until 10.30pm tonight, Perth can be busy on weekends. Ah well, I quite like night flying, rather peaceful and apart from it the rest of my arrivals are at civilised hours, not too bad and a dinner promised in Schenzen. A bunch of money just lobbed into my account so all good and kosher.

This might be my last time doing this sort of thing - hope not - I enjoy it. but I am hardly young any more :)

Cheers

10.30 tonight huh ? Musta been cancelled to due to bad weather yeah ?

10.30 tonight huh ? Musta been cancelled to due to bad weather yeah ?

Well not here, weather is ok, bur Perth is a small but busy airport, both internal and international traffic - they get priority, deservedly so.

I think I' ll be lucky to be airborne by midnight but leaving now, just as well I have a couple of good books in the bag :)

Happy trails, be back Monday, I think :)

Cheers

One of my friends works for Audemars Piguet in Japan. I'd never even heard of the brand til he told me about it. Watches that cost hundreds of thousands, repairs that cost tens of. Nutcases. I got sick of periodically paying three to four hundred to fix an Omega.

Yeah but Omega is worth it,imh (humble)o. Some time, I would like the ladies De Ville in gold. ... also, * waves * long time no see :)

Yeah but Omega is worth it,imh (humble)o. Some time, I would like the ladies De Ville in gold. ... also, * waves * long time no see :)

I love the watch, will always have it and will definitely get it repaired at some point, but there are many other things I can do with $400 right now.

On a different note, I asked my friend what brand he thinks are most reliable, and he said Tag Heuer. I like durable.

I love the watch, will always have it and will definitely get it repaired at some point, but there are many other things I can do with $400 right now.

On a different note, I asked my friend what brand he thinks are most reliable, and he said Tag Heuer. I like durable.

I think that'd be a hard call to make, surely. I have known watches in both brands that have been reliably worn for decades, only requiring the service as per checking of seals etc.

One was the original 2000 series ( TH ) the owner's lifestyle was pretty testing for it ... all sorts of crap was cleaned off it and from in it :) . Similar story for the Sea Master (O)

Both owners loved their watches, but were just not prepared to treat them with 'kid gloves' ...nor should they, imo, if you're going to fork out the cash the item should be reliable and

durable and good looking << that of course is subjective;)

I prefer the Omega styles generally though. They like to be elegant as well as tough. Tag is sort of bold and tough in style, except for the original Sports Elegance, that had some softer

curves happening :) I found the women's Tag were too chunky for my wrist.

Posted (edited)

I think that'd be a hard call to make, surely. I have known watches in both brands that have been reliably worn for decades, only requiring the service as per checking of seals etc.

One was the original 2000 series ( TH ) the owner's lifestyle was pretty testing for it ... all sorts of crap was cleaned off it and from in it :) . Similar story for the Sea Master (O)

Both owners loved their watches, but were just not prepared to treat them with 'kid gloves' ...nor should they, imo, if you're going to fork out the cash the item should be reliable and

durable and good looking << that of course is subjective;)

I prefer the Omega styles generally though. They like to be elegant as well as tough. Tag is sort of bold and tough in style, except for the original Sports Elegance, that had some softer

curves happening :) I found the women's Tag were too chunky for my wrist.

Don't know anything about it myself, just the word of a friend who fixes watches that cost the best part of a million dollars! Might be enough to convince me to have a go with a Tag Heuer, should I have a spare ten or fifty grand laying around one day.

Nothing to do with anything, but something that made me laugh is that the guy is on a shit wage, and receives a lot of abuse from rich customers demanding to know why their watch that costs more than a house has stopped working.

I've had my Seamaster repaired four times now in a period spanning roughly ten years. Twice for the date function, and twice for the movement. Mostly, I treated it pretty much the same as I would treat any watch. The most impressive thing about it as that even though the crystal face is slightly raised, it doesn't have any discernible scratches on it.

Edited by komuso