Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
smadge1

Gold Coast Commonwealth Games 2018

I'm officially volunteering at the Games this year, picking up my uniform and accreditation tomorrow. I'm a Fleet Driver, part of their booked-car/driver service for Games Family.

It's during the school holidays, which I have off, so I don't have to worry about leave.

Is there anyone else on here that's involved in some way?

I got yelled at by cops for being on the freeway at night;

Turns out I'd exited the Pacific onto the Goldcoast highway at the EXACT TIME before they closed the exit, and let the 'official buses' out.

Until they talked to each other and realized they'd closed the EXIT to the freeway BEFORE the entry, they were rather skeptical as to why I was there.....

But thats about all :P

Not involved. Might watch a bit, hoping we beat the Poms. Seems they topped the medal tally last time but were helped plenty by the home advantage.

Not involved either ... but you sure pick an interesting way to spend your hols smadge1.

Posted (edited)

Hey smadge1, you're probably too busy to respond till later, but am curious to hear the outcome of the stolen number plates or car . Seems Thorpey and Roony were foisted from the vehicle driving them to their next bit of Games stuff ;)

I don't see why the police couldn't have given them a lift .lol.

Edited by eveln

I heard something about that but I wasn't really paying attention.

I had a blast for two weeks (except for a few days in the middle when I got sick and needed a root canal!)

Back to work today.