Sign in to follow this  
gamble

Nvidia - Turing/Volta

16g vram seems a little nuts given the current price but maybe die shrinks and newer tech have allowed them to use the same number of chips for 16g ending up with a price not much higher than they currently pay for 8g

and if true im very happy that they are moving forward in this area making room for higher quality textures

gtx 1180

• Shading Units
  • TMUs
  • ROPs
  • SM Count
  • Pixel Rate
  • 101.2 GPixel/s
  • Texture Rate
  • 354.4 GTexel/s
  • Floating-point performance
  • 11,340 GFLOPS
  • Bandwidth
  • 384.0 GB/s

1080ti

• Shading Units
  • TMUs
  • ROPs
  • SM Count
  • Pixel Rate
  • 139.2 GPixel/s
  • Texture Rate
  • 354.4 GTexel/s
  • Floating-point performance
  • 11,340 GFLOPS
  • Bandwidth
  • 484.4 GB/s
  • Like 1

So the usual jump to be expected? Makes you wonder just how many advancements NVIDIA have stored away to drip feed to consumers. They must be at least two generations ahead of AMD now with a third in development.

They will be king of graphics for many years to come.

Posted (edited)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1180 Bare PCB Pictured

Here are some of the first pictures of the bare printed circuit board (PCB) of NVIDIA's upcoming GeForce GTX 1180 graphics card (dubbed PG180), referred to by the person who originally posted them as "GTX 2080" (it seems the jury is still out on the nomenclature). The PCB looks hot from the press, with its SMT points and vias still exposed. The GT104 GPU traces hint at a package that's about the size of a GP104 or its precessors. It's wired to eight memory chips on three sides, confirming a 256-bit wide memory bus. Display outputs appear flexible, for either 2x DisplayPort + 2x HDMI, or 3x DisplayPort + 1x HDMI configurations.

The VRM setup is surprisingly powerful for a card that's supposed to succeed the ~180W GeForce GTX 1080, which can make do with a single 8-pin PCIe power input. The card draws power from a combination of 6-pin and 8-pin PCIe power connectors. There is a purportedly 10-phase VCore side, which in all likelihood is a 5-phase setup with "dumb" phase-doubling; and similarly, a 2-phase memory power (which could again be doubled single-phase). The SLI-HB fingers also make way. There's a new connector that looks like a single SLI finger and an NVLink finger arranged side-by-side. NVIDIA still hasn't given up on multi-GPU. NVLink is a very broad interconnect, in terms of bandwidth. NVIDIA probably needs that for multi-GPU setups to work with not just high resolutions (4K, 5K, or even 8K), but also higher bit-depth, higher refresh-rates, HDR, and other exotic data. The reverse side doesn't have much action other than traces for the VRM controllers, phase doublers, and an unusually large bank of SMT capacitors (the kind seen on AMD PCBs with MCM GPUs).

uToLOVeEsMt9RSx4.jpg

NVIDIA GV102 Prototype Board With GDDR6 Spotted, Up to 525 W Power Delivery. GTX 1180 Ti?

NsRttCIBy7DUbPhC.jpg

Edited by Dasa

Prices dropping so much... Ebay has 1080 ti used  going for crazy prices... Rtx series should be here in a few days.  Some reports the rtx 2080 at 8% faster than 1080 ti with price of 800us.  If true then 1080ti might be a great bargain as everyone starts to dump them. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 10:19 AM, gamble said:

Prices dropping so much... Ebay has 1080 ti used  going for crazy prices... Rtx series should be here in a few days.  Some reports the rtx 2080 at 8% faster than 1080 ti with price of 800us.  If true then 1080ti might be a great bargain as everyone starts to dump them. 

These new cards are going to be super expensive

I watched some of the reveal, but didn't catch it all... Was interesting with the ray tracing stuff but what about performance on the current games?  Whats with the new measurement tool they using to measure performance, Im assuming its just for ray tracing.  Then theres the new twin cooler, probably much quieter. 

22 hours ago, gamble said:

I watched some of the reveal, but didn't catch it all... Was interesting with the ray tracing stuff but what about performance on the current games?  Whats with the new measurement tool they using to measure performance, Im assuming its just for ray tracing.  Then theres the new twin cooler, probably much quieter. 

Probably their own

Steve's two cents

• Like 1

Seem like we should be comparing RTX 2080 to the GTX 1080 ti?  and the 1080 ti is dropping in price... I don't know if it is really worth it.  Not only that, right now almost all are 800US+.   Ebay has tons of 1080 ti for under 550US some as low as 500.   Then there is the shrink to 7nm what next year?  So, I watch bunch of videos and some say they shifted or changed the naming (the confusion with Titan X, Xp all that) with this line up as the 2080 ti is the Titan and 2080 is the ti... but yet they did this to try to say the 1080 non ti is the comparison card at this price point?  Im not sure how good the DLSS is going to be but does seem to give a good boost if the title supports it.  

To be honest I did pre-order the RTX 2080 but might cancel as I wanted to get in line if it was a good card... Waiting on leaks and some numbers before cancelling as there is a month to wait.  I could sell my card being the Strix version it looks like around 575 - 625 currently only and this card was RTX 2080 was 800US, same price I paid for the 1080ti... Im still up from selling my Vega 56 for double what I paid, which I was able to get the 1080ti then... Looking more like a side grade at this point but like to play with new stuff for the fun of it.  Probably just cancel and wait till next year but will hold out for awhile for more info..

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/275961-nvidia-claims-rtx-gpus-are-much-faster-than-pascal-by-deliberately-comparing-the-wrong-cards

Posted (edited)

This guy is an editor!  sooo funny wow, the comments are on fire... he even called out another writer for Toms...JustBuyIt

Edited by gamble

Posted (edited)

The good news is this will drive down the prices of GTX1080 ti and other older cards so there's potential bargains to be gotten if you don't want the GTX2xxx.

I wonder if this might drag down the retail price of Vegas.

Edited by Jeruselem

Well Im glad I cancelled my preorder.... Just wanted to get in line if it was going to be a good upgrade going to the 2080... But would make no sense for that small improvement and not getting a good price for my current card.   Id probably consider it if I was buying new or doing a major upgrade though.   Used priced on the 1080 ti are crazy good right now as people keep dumping their cards. 

Looking at the games I mainly play, there would be no noticeable benefit it seems.   Is DLSS only for RTX lineup or will it be for previous gen?  I guess if many devs implement DLSS then there might be a good boost after awhile. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_RTX_2080_Founders_Edition/33.html