michaeltoan

A quick question about views

The Role Call thread (specifically, seeing myself in the top posters, which just seems unnatural) made me wonder what my postcount was these days, so I looked up my profile. And then I caught sight of the profile views... "WTF? Really?" Apparently, 10,687 views have been counted. That seems somewhat inflated to me. How many views do everyone else have? Is ^that representative, or am I unexpectedly the Most Interesting Atomican in the World? ;P

Nope no prize for you. Not a single statement in your post is true.

michaeltoan

Member Since Yesterday, 04:47 PM

• Active Posts 1
  • Profile Views 0
  • Member Title Serf

michaeltoan

• Active Posts 1
  • Profile Views 0
  • Member Title Serf

spam bot

they just grab an existing post and post it,

see it happen a fair bit!

michaeltoan

• Active Posts 1
  • Profile Views 0
  • Member Title Serf

spam bot

they just grab an existing post and post it,

see it happen a fair bit!

I can't explain how irrationally happy the irony of this 'stolen post' is.

• Like 1

My count is 3,537 which seems a bit high, but that's over 10 years ...

Funny, I thought I joined Atomic forums in 2006, but it says 2008.

My count is 3,537 which seems a bit high, but that's over 10 years ...

Funny, I thought I joined Atomic forums in 2006, but it says 2008.

That might be a function of the move from the older forums to the one starting in 2008 we use now.

• Like 1

Yep, beginning of the Invision epoch is 10/9/08 so in theory there'll be nobody listed as registered before then (except maybe early test imports?)

• Like 1

It messed around with a lot of members sign on and view counts, me included, but in the end who cares ? those of us that are still around still chat happily :)

Cheers

The account numbers all changed too - not sure if the relative order stayed the same. But really, it's now over half the lifetime of Atomic ago. And given the number of active accounts now, not much to worry about anymore.

A few were shuffled if they were ported during testing, IIRC, but AFAIK the only real change was compression: a bunch of numbers of nuked accounts were removed, and the DB was then collapsed down to fill that space.

...it's now over half the lifetime of Atomic ago. And given the number of active accounts now, not much to worry about anymore.

Random thought: Atomic:not much left now... We're all decay products of an isotope with a halflife ~2 years. Hot, hot, hot!

• Like 1

...it's now over half the lifetime of Atomic ago. And given the number of active accounts now, not much to worry about anymore.

Random thought: Atomic:not much left now... We're all decay products of an isotope with a halflife ~2 years. Hot, hot, hot!

Halflife 3 confirmed

• Like 1

We're all decay products of an isotope with a halflife ~2 years. Hot, hot, hot!

Not so hot after all... Got curious as to what those elements might be. The isotope would be 134Californium; the decay products of which are stable isotopes of Barium. (Well, one slightly radioactive - its halflife is about 100 billion times the age of the universe!)

Guess that explains why we barnacles are still here. ;p

The Role Call thread (specifically, seeing myself in the top posters, which just seems unnatural) made me wonder what my postcount was these days, so I looked up my profile. And then I caught sight of the profile views... "WTF? Really?" Apparently, 10,687 views have been counted. That seems somewhat inflated to me. How many views do everyone else have? Is ^that representative, or am I unexpectedly the Most Interesting Atomican in the World? ;P

/popcorn