Sign in to follow this  
CrazyBro

Help! The Best Youtube video editing software

Hi Guys and Girls

Delete if not allowed. I am new to the forum discusses. Can anyone help me which software is good for editing and making intro on youtube video's?

Cheers

Posted (edited)

welcome to the forum

perfectly fine provided you or another one post user don't post a link advertising some wiz bang software\virus in which case deleted... :)

i have just been using a old version of premier elements for my editing but maybe its time i switched

it really depends how much you want to do and how dumbed down it needs to be but from what i can find this may be a good place to start if you don't mind taking the time to watch some guides and learn how to use it and don't want to upload in full 4k or higher

DaVinci Resolve: free limitations

https://flavioggarcia.com/2018/04/24/davinci-resolve-free-version-limitations/

you can download version 15 free beta here

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/products/davinciresolve/

Edited by Dasa

YouTube happily receives plenty of filetypes and generally converts to MP4/H.264 as well as others for compatibility with slower mobile devices.

Generally you want to do content creation and editing with something that lends well to frame based cut/paste operations. Plain old MPEG-2 like DVDs use can be good for that as it's supported by plenty of software. MPEG4/H.264 is also fairly well supported.

But the bottom line is that during content creation, the fact you want to upload to YT isn't all that relevant. Content creation will be much the same whether the end product is to be there or a DVD.

+1 DaVinci Resolve.

If you intend to learn to video edit 'properly' at some point, then Lightworks is more than enough. It's used by genuine movie studios!

Hitfilm Express though, would be my choice for simple but powerful software.

Other benefit being, if you outgrow Hitfilm Express, you can unlock more of its pro features with the full version.

let us know what you try and think of each :)

If you happen to own a Mac, then the included iMovie is utterly brilliant.

The popular channel Techmoan is edited in iMovie, for instance. It's pretty darn good.