So i recently got a GTX 960 Strix cheap - $50 i knew it had a problem.

So what is happening is that there is always red lines flickering on screen at all times, They disappear when you open something up over them but then re appear a few minutes after you close the window. They do move when i mouse over them as well.

The drivers install the nvidia installer completes fine but does not seem to install drivers, Like they are installing and then immediately being deleted.

So i recently got a GTX 960 Strix cheap - $50 i knew it had a problem.

So what is happening is that there is always red lines flickering on screen at all times, They disappear when you open something up over them but then re appear a few minutes after you close the window. They do move when i mouse over them as well.

The drivers install the nvidia installer completes fine but does not seem to install drivers, Like they are installing and then immediately being deleted.

At any risk of you being a real new member and not a spammer; and to help anyone else who stumbles upon this.

This is card damage, usually due to heat\overclocks; but there is a way around it.

There's a reason that it happens when you close things.

There are 2 (main) states to a GPU, 'full power' accelerated mode, and a more passive 'Im just showing some pictures' modes.

Normally 3D content is the trigger switch point (or just Acceleration in general).

What this means is that something is damaged at the (pulling random numbers out of my head) 300mhz\1volt sort of demand.

But when the card is asked to ramp up to it's 1.5ghz, and therefore, 1.7v or something, it's fine.

What's important here is the more voltage bit.

Now some GPU's used to have a registry hack to stop the 'low speed' being quite so low, and some you could custom flash a firmware to set custom voltage curves.

Before I bother investigating further, I'll wait and see if you're a real person or a spammer.

But if anyone elese googles upon this thread, you have something to look up\a lead to follow :)